I keep getting logged out (Read 310 times)

xor

I (and several others) keep getting logged out.  I have the "keep me logged in" option checked.  Never been an issue before today.  Today it is an issue every time I open a browser and come back to the site.  Does this have to do with various site refreshes, or is the everpresence feature currently kaput?

Turbolegs

I (and several others) keep getting logged out.  I have the "keep me logged in" option checked.  Never been an issue before today.  Today it is an issue every time I open a browser and come back to the site.  Does this have to do with various site refreshes, or is the everpresence feature currently kaput?

I am on Firefox and dont seem to be having this issue.

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

xor

Oh shoot, I should say the proper stuff...

I am also running version-current firefox on windows7.

Several folks in the lno group mentioned the same behavior.

Edit: I just tried to repro the behavior, and it is working properly now.  Methinks there were site refreshes in between my attempts that logged me off or something.

xhristopher

I'm in Massholeachusetts and have the same problem that catty described in an earlier thread.

xor

I are dumbass for not seeing that thread.

xhristopher

I are dumbass for not seeing that thread.

Well, in yer defense, despite the issue existing for a few hours she only beat you by a minute or so.

an amazing likeness

According to Eric's comments in the "Custom topics list" topic...there's been multiple code releases today, so I'd expect its not unusual for the site cookie to get expired a few times...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

bhearn

According to Eric's comments in the "Custom topics list" topic...there's been multiple code releases today, so I'd expect its not unusual for the site cookie to get expired a few times...

Yep. That's what I've been assuming.

xor

So the answer to the question in my original post is "yes, site refresh".

Docket_Rocket

It keeps logging me out in Chrome and Safari.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

xor

It keeps logging me out in Chrome and Safari.

Check "keep me logged in", close your browser and try one more time.  See if it is still happening right now.  After you have set it back to perma-login.

eric :)

See this thread for an explanation and apology:

/forums/post/851177b31f954983ac042225ea66cc23#focus