Buffalo Marathon (Read 571 times)

Has anyone ever run the Buffalo Marathon? Is anyone planning on doing it this year? I am planning on it and it will be my first marathon.
      Hi, Never run Buffalo, but have run Niagara Falls twice which starts in Buffalo. If you're looking for a late fall marathon after Buffalo, I do strongly suggest Niagara Falls. It's a very flat course and very beautiful along the river, small but very well organized, and it's the only marathon that starts in a country and ends in another. You clear the customs the day before. - R
        I suspect I will run it one of these days. This year, I am running the Mississauga Marathon (May 11) just down the road from me. It also conflicts with the Ottawa Marathon - quite a popular one around here. Afterwards, be sure to go to Ted's Hot Dogs (http://www.tedsonline.com/) for a post-run meal. Good luck. Go Bills.
          Tuf I have been debating between Buffalo and Ottawa. I live near Buffalo and my folks have a place near Ottawa, so decisions decisions.

Manchild

I never have but would love to one day. I lived in Buffalo. on MLK park back in the 80s and loved the city. Worked at Baker Hall in Lackawanna. Chris
            btb1490

I have never run Buffalo, but people who I know who have said it was ok. On the other hand, I have run Ottawa twice and that is an outstanding marathon in my opinion. Good luck with your first!
                I've heard nothing but good things about Ottawa. Unfortunately, the timing won't work for me this year, but it is definitely on my list.