Weirdest thing you've ever seen on the ground during a run..? (Read 11262 times)

Another Passion

Maybe not so weird, but scared the crap out of me, a three foot snake crawling across the path. About a week later, there was a large black bear in the path as well, didn't scare me like the snake did, I just stopped about 50' from him/her, said "HEY Bear" and it moved along off the path and into the woods.
    Sweet photo in your profile lph! Smile

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

flatland mountaineer

Homeless guy in a sleeping bag talking on his cell phone.
      Probably talking to his broker. Smile I found a heavy duty clevis worth like $80 which I stashed for later pickup and assorted hitch pins, pliers and other tools. Although not on a run, I did find a pair of young ladies panties in a secluded part of one of our farm fields close to town one time tho. Smile

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

He wasn't on the ground but during today's run I saw Santa riding on the back of a fire engine. Part of the local tradition in this area. Smile

Michelle

Another Passion

He wasn't on the ground but during today's run I saw Santa riding on the back of a fire engine. Part of the local tradition in this area. Smile
          Heh... my fire department does that in our town as well. The Jolly Man comes in on a fire engine for the tree lighting in one of the community parks. HOHOHO

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Saw a very large, dead, and bloody rat in the middle of the road today... Tight lipped
              This is a great thread, thanks. For me: a metal lock box of high power shotgun shells and various other assorted ammunitions. The chalk outline of a murdered man behind the library A stuffed hippo toy A funeral procession sign A bag with a plaid lumberjack coat, construction boots with the laces removed, and a Scream mask
              mvpgirl

Conference Champion

I saw a huge prehistoric tortoise on the side of the road. No joke, it had spikes on its tail. Shocked I couldnt figure out what it was until I got up to it. For a turtle it moved really fast too, and it hissed at me when I poked it with my foot.
                2008 Track Goals
                3200m (12:59)
                1600m Record (5:32)
                800m (2:29)

RIP, Henry, my soul mate

When I first looked at this thread a few days ago, I had nothing to add. But today I found what appears to be an engagement ring on the side of a busy road. Looks like someone had a bad Christmas Eve! It's a country road on the outskirts of town, so unless another runner or a cyclist lost it, someone probably heaved it out a car window.

Maggie & Molly

let's see ~~ well, one time I found a door - a really cool looking door that I then sent DH out to bring home for me. It became my bathroom door for awhile. Another time on a trail run I saw something - it looked like a large cocoon of some sort with 3 holes in it - neither my friend or I knew what it was but I was curious enough to stop and look. Unfortunately lots and lots of dead animals. Oh and one time I ran straight into a flock of geese - they weren't moving for me so I had to move for them Wink

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                    Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

a metal lock box of high power shotgun shells and various other assorted ammunitions. The chalk outline of a murdered man behind the library A funeral procession sign A bag with a plaid lumberjack coat, construction boots with the laces removed, and a Scream mask
                      Shocked I dunno 'bout you, but I would use RA's mapping feature to plot a nice new route.

E.J.
                      Greater Lowell Road Runners
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Drunk Half Lotus Pose

Not on the ground but last summer saw this older guy in his underwear sweeping his freshly cut lawn with a broom. Confused ~Jen
                        Jennifer
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I saw a huge prehistoric tortoise on the side of the road. No joke, it had spikes on its tail. Shocked I couldnt figure out what it was until I got up to it. For a turtle it moved really fast too, and it hissed at me when I poked it with my foot.
                          We get turtles like that around us...I think it was last Spring that I saw one on our paved rail trail...luckily he was so relaxed sunning himself that he ignored me. I would NOT want to be swimming in a lake near one of those bad boys, though--I think he could take a limb off with that beak! Shocked

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh and one time I ran straight into a flock of geese - they weren't moving for me so I had to move for them Wink
                            Heh, a little over a year ago I was running and a couple of big domestic geese were noshing on a loaf of bread that someone had tossed to the side of the road. They were hissing and coming at me, so I crossed the road and gave them a LOT of space. Geese can be really mean! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Vally

Y'all are killin' me. Here I am trying to work and laughing. Actually, if I'm reading this, I'm really not trying to work am I.

Maggie & Molly

oh yeah, geese are mean, when they are they I move no doubt about it!!

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                                Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363