Weird Town Names in the USA (Read 1235 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

*snort*
    No Kirsten, I believe you mean inhale. Snorting is done at a different rec area. /Ask Lindsey

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

No Kirsten, I believe you mean inhale. Snorting is done at a different rec area. /Ask Lindsey
      In Lindsay's case I think that would be a public restroom... Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I still get a chuckle every time I see Intercouse, PA
        Intercourse, PA sits right between Blue Ball and Paradise, PA...
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I think there's one that stands out above the rest. "Hi, I'm from Hornytown." Could you ever tell anyone where you live without laughing like these guys?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Now that was a bath...

Ha - that's hilarious! Not many weird place names here but lots of weird people names. A good friend of mine has an Unlcle called Pain relief. It's custom for Samoan's born on the islands to be given names relative to their birth. There are lot's called holiday and midwife. Pain Relief is a name that comes with some pride as it meant that his mother had access to good care during the birth. It's a status symbol thing I guess. I wanna move to intercourse. Claire xxx
          • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
          • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
              Missing was Rabbitt Hash, KY which is just over from Sugartit KY

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

Imminent Catastrophe

There's a little town in Michigan just off of I-94 called Climax.
                Climax, MI and Intercourse, PA should be sister cities. Or, the other way around.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I forgot one: Gnawbone, IN

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I forgot one: Gnawbone, IN
                    Waits for Scout to come in and make dirty joke outta this.... Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I used to go to camp in Tuxedo, NC. I always found that amusing. This is close to where my sister went to princess camp (in Sweden you know!). I think its a pretty famous sign.
                        And here is a great picture to motivate us to study for our middle school exams!
                          And here is a great picture to motivate us to study for our middle school exams!
                          I'm not sure how you would study for that exam, but I would avoid cramming. I did not just say that. Oh well, someone had to say it before Borat did.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

PWL

Has been

I used to go to camp in Tuxedo, NC. I always found that amusing. This is close to where my sister went to princess camp (in Sweden you know!). I think its a pretty famous sign.
                            This sign is about 20 miles north of my house in Lisbon. Norway is where the New Balance factory is. And Poland is where Poland Spring water comes from.

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'm not sure how you would study for that exam, but I would avoid cramming. I did not just say that. Oh well, someone had to say it before Borat did.
                              Damn, beat me to it.

Swadvad

I grew up just north of Goobertown, Arkansas. Shocked It's a very "small" community. Another reason why Arkansan's have an inferiority complex!