Cape Cod Marathon (Read 568 times)

Ojo

Has anyone run this marathon? Just wondering what you thought . . . it looks like a nice smaller race.

Sara

MM #2929

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Has anyone run this marathon? Just wondering what you thought . . . it looks like a nice smaller race.
      Mmmmm.... donuts. Did you look here already?
      jeffdonahue

It is a smaller race. I have run it once. One problem with smaller races is that by mile 20ish you are almost running alone in a lot of cases. Also, take it easy in the first half. This is a very decieving race. The first 11-12 miles are PANCAKE FLAT but the next 12 miles after that are some serious hills. The last 2 miles are flat again though. But overall it is a nice race - nice scenery and relatively well run.
        Ojo

It is a smaller race. I have run it once. One problem with smaller races is that by mile 20ish you are almost running alone in a lot of cases. Also, take it easy in the first half. This is a very decieving race. The first 11-12 miles are PANCAKE FLAT but the next 12 miles after that are some serious hills. The last 2 miles are flat again though. But overall it is a nice race - nice scenery and relatively well run.
          Thank you! I'll probably sign up -- I have already started training and luckily my town has lots of hills.

Sara

MM #2929

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

It's a very nice race. Scenic and interesting course. It felt very hilly, be prepared. It can be windy, especially when you're along the water. I wished I had light gloves.
            Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
            RedSoxFan

I second what Jeff said. First half is really flat, second is REALLY hilly. You can get derailed by the first half real easily.