New Saucony Kinvara? (Read 4691 times)

Why is it sideways?

I get a lot of miles out of my shoes, usually 500+, but the Kinvaras broke down quick for me, around 250 miles.

Queen of 3rd Place

I'm really loving those Fastwitch 4s. I've got about 300 miles on them so far. I could use these shoes forever. Too bad Saucony is going to change them. Maybe I should stock up now...

Oof, thanks for posting this, I better get another pair. Definitely loving the Fasttwitch 4s, for some reason with the Kinvaras my feet seem to take a beating. 

Ex runner

230 miles in and the treads are worn and shredded - not sure if this is the shoe, or just the time of year I'm wearing them (running on the streets is like running on a sand belt grinder with all the stuff DOT has fought the snow with this winter still out there). They still feel good, and I'm not slipping or anything due to the worn/shredded treads...yet.

MTA: zombie thread?

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Marquess of Utopia

230 miles in and the treads are worn and shredded - not sure if this is the shoe, or just the time of year I'm wearing them (running on the streets is like running on a sand belt grinder with all the stuff DOT has fought the snow with this winter still out there). They still feel good, and I'm not slipping or anything due to the worn/shredded treads...yet.

The tread on my second pair didn't wear out as fast as my first pair. I don't know if I becoming more efficient in them or what. They should last just as long as any other shoe that I’ve used and still have plenty of tread on them after 800+ miles; I hope they never change the shoe. I’ve been wearing the Fastwitch 5 about once or twice a week; but they are really stiff in comparison (not a fan). The Fastwitch 5 is a great shoe, it reminds me if a lightweight version of the Ride/Guide with a lower heel. If you have durability issues with the Kinvara you may want to try it.

I would like to design a neutral version of the next Fastwitch, use EVA+ midsole with the current drainage hole configuration, less rubber on the heel and forefoot (Use the Kinvara Triangle pattern). Finally take 1MM off the current “stack” height of the Fastwitch 5. IMHO this would make a great marathon shoe. The A4 is fine up the a half but I wouldn’t want to attempt a marathon in them.

bhearn

I would like to design a neutral version of the next Fastwitch, use EVA+ midsole with the current drainage hole configuration, less rubber on the heel and forefoot (Use the Kinvara Triangle pattern). Finally take 1MM off the current “stack” height of the Fastwitch 5. IMHO this would make a great marathon shoe. The A4 is fine up the a half but I wouldn’t want to attempt a marathon in them.

I've used the A4 in marathons a few times. I went back to the A3. Actually now I have found an almost-new pair of A2s on ebay in my size -- those were my favorite marathon shoes. They should last me several more marathons!

Marquess of Utopia

I've used the A4 in marathons a few times. I went back to the A3. Actually now I have found an almost-new pair of A2s on ebay in my size -- those were my favorite marathon shoes. They should last me several more marathons!

I just sliced a wedge of foam out of the heel of my A3, then glued it back together. I may have cut out too much, I don't know If I'll ever use them again. I should have just sold them on ebay.

Slice

Anyone got the Kinarva 2 yet? I'm itching for a new pair of shoes but thanks to the fact that stupid shoe rotation really does work, I'm not ready. Maybe I can live vicariously through someone else who has gotten them. I'm hoping for more loud colors in the new ones...

I don't half-ass anything

"I have several close friends who have run marathons, a word that is actually derived from two Swahili words: mara, which means 'to die a horrible death' and thon, which means 'for a stupid T-shirt.' Look it up." - Celia Rivenbark, You Can't Drink All Day if You Don't Start in the Morning

I am wearing Kinvaras and love them.  I only hope that they do not wear out that quickly.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

TRIing to beat the heat!

I get a lot of miles out of my shoes, usually 500+, but the Kinvaras broke down quick for me, around 250 miles.

Same here... and like you, I'm also a fairly lightweight runner.  

That being said, I recently purchased pair #3.  I do not, however, use them as daily training shoes anymore.  They have become a race day/speedwork shoe for me.

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL

bhearn

Anyone got the Kinarva 2 yet? I'm itching for a new pair of shoes but thanks to the fact that stupid shoe rotation really does work, I'm not ready. Maybe I can live vicariously through someone else who has gotten them. I'm hoping for more loud colors in the new ones...

You get your wish for more loud colors.

I saw the Kinvara 2 at the Boston expo; didn't bother to try them on. The Saucony rep told me all that was new was colors. When I pressed him -- I'd heard the internal spider had changed a bit, which did appear to be the case (they had Kinvaras and Kinvara 2s) -- he seemed surprised. But that slight change seems to be it.

I did pick up a pair of the new Hattoris:

5 oz in M 11.5!  These will just be for short recovery runs, at least for now.

JenMehle

Mr.jenljones bought a pair there, too, and then I decided I needed some Big grin.  He's run a ton in them already and LOVES them (but keep in mind he also wears Vibrams)...I haven't been running yet but I do love just wearing them around the house.  They are way more comfortable than any shoe I've ever owned!

I went for black/pink he went for the red ones which I love! 

You get your wish for more loud colors.

I saw the Kinvara 2 at the Boston expo; didn't bother to try them on. The Saucony rep told me all that was new was colors. When I pressed him -- I'd heard the internal spider had changed a bit, which did appear to be the case (they had Kinvaras and Kinvara 2s) -- he seemed surprised. But that slight change seems to be it.

I did pick up a pair of the new Hattoris:

5 oz in M 11.5!  These will just be for short recovery runs, at least for now.

I have 80+ miles on the kinvara 1 and just had my second run in the kinvara 2's. I feel no difference what so ever. Simply my perfect running shoe.

FWIW I ran a gravel 50 miler in my first pair, expected them to be really hacked up by the end but they really weren't. My only complaint is that some of the grooves in the exposed soft midsole material would sometimes pick up a pebble and hold onto it for a couple of miles.

Though I've started to put miles on my second pair, that first pair is closing in on 300 miles and nowhere near being retired.

Just goes to prove the whole YMMV principle...

running yogi

I bought this pair of Kinvara here and have run a few miles in them.

Can someone tell me what model they are ? 1 or 2 ? I somehow can't seem to be able to tell on that website.

I have run in Mizuno Wave Riders for the past 6 years. I can't tell a huge difference.

Looks just like my Kinvara 2's, but I never owned the 1, so...

"It's hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off, oh wo-oh!" - Florence Welch (Florence + The Machine) - Shake It Out