My shoe only lasted 35 days or 368 miles (Read 1589 times)

What kind of wear do you normally see in 1500-2000? I usually swap my Cumulus shoes after around 400-450. Around that time I tend to get some small tearing with the mesh near the rim but this seems like the ultimate end of that. Bizarre to get after only 368...

Yeah. Wow.

~J

What kind of wear do you normally see in 1500-2000? I usually swap my Cumulus shoes after around 400-450. Around that time I tend to get some small tearing with the mesh near the rim but this seems like the ultimate end of that. Bizarre to get after only 368...

Yeah. Wow.

After 1500 miles you'll notice some wear on the soles of your shoes.  The shoe does feel a little less comfortable.  But the biggest difference is when a hole starts to form on the top of my shoe.  The hole usually forms on my left shoe.  I get rid of my shoes when I see it starting to form. 

About 12 days ago I tossed the shoe with the huge rip in it.  I actually did use it for about 269 miles after the damage was done.  It became annoying at times when I could feel my foot poking through the shoe.  That only happened maybe less than 1 percent of the time.  I'm really happy with the new shoes I have on now.  Although I am using arch supports in them this time around.  I was hoping I could use these shoes (Asics Gel Cumulus) with no arch supports but my feet were killing me after my workouts without them.  I've also been very careful not to step on any of those metal grid covers which I believe damaged my shoe. 

I am thinking about switching to a different brand of shoes the next time around.  I liked the Asics at first but now I'm beginning to sour on them.