CIM 2017 (Read 133 times)

HermosaBoy

Who is running the California International Marathon this year?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Not this year, but ran it last year.  Great race.  Everything about it is so well run - special call out to the ample portapotties.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

cinnamon girl

I am going to try. I plan on incorporating much of the course in several of my long runs in the next coming weeks.

kcam

I'm racing it this year.  I really like this race.

MJeffery

I am. I ran it last year and loved the course so much I'm heading back.

Reg33

I'm  in... No. 7 for me

HermosaBoy

Two weeks to go -- time to have taper madness...

Rob

RunningDenver

I am too.  My 3rd time running it.  Going to head out and see the Western States 100 lottery drawing on the Saturday too - that's in Auburn, which is 30 miles out of Sacramento.  Should be a fun weekend.

______________________________________________________________________________

17:50 ('11) 37:23 ('16) 1.23:02 ('13) 2:53:22 ('13) 

2019: Leadville 50, Leadville 100, CIM

HermosaBoy

How'd it go for everyone?

I was quite pleased with an almost 2 minute PR.  

Rob

RunningDenver

I got pretty much what I expected.  I was about 10 lbs over race weight after a summer of trail running and little speed.  Did a pace band for 3:09, and ran 3:09...  a ways off my PR from a few years back, but still scrapped a 20 minute BQ, so happy with that.  Great running conditions.  I already signed up for next year on the special $89 entry deal Smile  It may not be the most interesting course in the world, but the logistics are easy, it's a cheap place to stay, and the race is well organized.  Congrats on the PR !!

kcam

I was happy just to go for a time better than 3:10 and ran 3:09:23.  I thought I'd be cruising at that pace but, as always, it was difficult at the end.  Couldn't have gone any faster.  Also a good bit off of my PR but that's life.

I'll probably run it again next year as I feel the same as Denver about the race.  "It may not be the most interesting course in the world, but the logistics are easy, it's a cheap place to stay, and the race is well organized."

Denver - you and I have almost the same PR's though you're a little faster all around! (5K -4sec, 10K -4sec, Mar -45sec)

I didn't hit the $89 signup though it's probably >90% chance I'll run it next year (would be my 9th if I do). I guess I'll pay a higher fee if I do decide to run again.

Congrats to everyone that ran it.  It was a GREAT weather day to run a marathon!

RunningDenver

I was happy just to go for a time better than 3:10 and ran 3:09:23.  I thought I'd be cruising at that pace but, as always, it was difficult at the end.  Couldn't have gone any faster.  Also a good bit off of my PR but that's life.

I'll probably run it again next year as I feel the same as Denver about the race.  "It may not be the most interesting course in the world, but the logistics are easy, it's a cheap place to stay, and the race is well organized."

Denver - you and I have almost the same PR's though you're a little faster all around! (5K -4sec, 10K -4sec, Mar -45sec)

I didn't hit the $89 signup though it's probably >90% chance I'll run it next year (would be my 9th if I do). I guess I'll pay a higher fee if I do decide to run again.

Congrats to everyone that ran it.  It was a GREAT weather day to run a marathon!

ha - we probably ran together a lot.  I thought I was in 3:10 shape, with maybe a 3:05 in me on a good day.  Ran with the 3:07 pace group to about 20 miles, then started to fade - told myself that was okay as 3:09 would make me happy, then had to work hard the last few miles to stop that slipping away.  I was about 20 seconds behind you at the end.  I hear you on the 'fade'.  I was thinking I'd be running with the 3:07 group, then picking it up late.  Uh no !!  Marathons hurt Smile

cinnamon girl

I only ran the first 16 miles as training run since I had little training in October,  but I'm glad I did as I know now I will not choose CIM as a goal or run it in the future and can take it off my list. I'll do NYC again well before CIM. It was a good training run though. Always nice to run on the roads without having to stop for traffic and lights!

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I only ran the first 16 miles as training run since I had little training in October,  but I'm glad I did as I know now I will not choose CIM as a goal or run it in the future and can take it off my list. I'll do NYC again well before CIM. It was a good training run though. Always nice to run on the roads without having to stop for traffic and lights!

What makes you say that? Too boring?

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19)