The Walking Dead on AMC (Read 3197 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Real-life ages (of the actors portraying them)

Carol: 47

Daryl Motherf*****g Dixon: 43

Carl: 13

Beth: ???  (various sources show her character's age to be 16 or 17)

Could not find an age on Emily Kinney (Beth), although I saw something that had her graduating college in 2006, would make her like 27, 28.  She sure seems a lot younger than that.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, but how many zombies has your kid shot in the face, point blank?  That'll make a little kid interested in girls, apparently. 

Give my kid a gun and a zombie at point-blank range!  Seriously, my son gives WAY too much thought to how he'd survive the zombie apocalypse.  Mostly it involves a Ti crowbar. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Real-life ages (of the actors portraying them)

Carol: 47

Daryl Motherf*****g Dixon: 43

Carl: 13

Beth: ???  (various sources show her character's age to be 16 or 17)

Could not find an age on Emily Kinney (Beth), although I saw something that had her graduating college in 2006, would make her like 27, 28.  She sure seems a lot younger than that.

Wow, fountain of youth if she's that old!  I would have guessed her to be *maybe* early 20s IRL.

I actually pegged Norman Reedus about 10 years younger.  Huh.

They are going to be in really big trouble if the kid playing Carl hits puberty fast.  If he's really 13, then in another year he could suddenly look a LOT older.  Perhaps he'll be one of those baby-faced teen actors who can play a couple of years younger.

Of course, if he continues to wander off like he did in the past 2 seasons he might end up zombie vittles, anyhow.

~ Sarah Kay

BeeRunB

All caught up.

ALWAYS POSSIBLE SPOILERS:

Question: if everyone is already infected with zombie germs, why does a zombie bite and the supposed subsequent infection kill you? Why did RIck have to chop off Hershel's leg to stop the infection if they already are infected?

Commentary: I had been thinking that in order for this show to keep it going and building, the zombies would have to be able to learn at some point. It looks to be the case as that woman  with the katana blade seems to have trained two zombies (the two she keeps on leashes--awesome image!). Also, the zombie who bit Hershel's leg as they were investigating the prison seemed to be playing dead before he sprang on him. If the zombies don't eventually learn, then they should be able to be eradicated quite easily. For example, in that premiere episode, they were drawing the zombies to the fence at the prison, and were able to just spear them through the fence. There was no need to even shoot them.  Their behavior is too predictable. The humans could easily just set up a loud sound like a siren in a particular town and draw all the zombies to one place (Before they go into a town, i'm not sure why they just don't set up a sound outside of town to clear the town first) . Even set up  scent trails that all lead to one place. In the prison, they could have just opened doors in a way that led to a certain place and drawn the zombies outside, then drawn them to the fence and gished them.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...that's all good stuff to ponder, especially about Herschel.  If everyone's already infected, what makes what would be an otherwise benign scratch or bite suddenly such a big deal when it comes from a walker...? Confused  Seems like chopping his leg off would hasten the risk of death and turning to a zombie, too.

Re: Michonne's [sp?] henchmen, she removed their lower jaws so they can no longer bite.  I'm not sure how trained they are, but they do seem to know that they can no longer chomp on anything.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hmmm...that's all good stuff to ponder, especially about Herschel.  If everyone's already infected, what makes what would be an otherwise benign scratch or bite suddenly such a big deal when it comes from a walker...? Confused  Seems like chopping his leg off would hasten the risk of death and turning to a zombie, too.

Re: Michonne's [sp?] henchmen, she removed their lower jaws so they can no longer bite.  I'm not sure how trained they are, but they do seem to know that they can no longer chomp on anything.

We saw (mostly in season 1) that a zombie bite will result in a fever/sickness that leads to death in relatively short order.   So they are still saving Herschel's life with some tough love there.

Perhaps the "zombie virus" is not fatal and/or lies dormant at the level that everyone currently has in them, but acute exposure to high levels such as a via a bite is fatal.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We saw (mostly in season 1) that a zombie bite will result in a fever/sickness that leads to death in relatively short order.   So they are still saving Herschel's life with some tough love there.

Perhaps the "zombie virus" is not fatal and/or lies dormant at the level that everyone currently has in them, but acute exposure to high levels such as a via a bite is fatal.

OK, that would make sense.

~ Sarah Kay

jeffdonahue

In the prison, they could have just opened doors in a way that led to a certain place and drawn the zombies outside, then drawn them to the fence and gished them.

Interesting thought, but not sure that would work.  I still have not quite figured out what kind of zombies these are.  In certain instances they seem very much like the 'Night of the Living Dead" slow moving zombies.  But at other times they are quite agile and quick  - last episode for example when they had just cut the hole in the fence and were zip-tying it back together, that woman zombie came flying at the fence pretty hard.  But all the zombies in the prison seemed to be moving pretty slow.

But in contrast to your statement, think about the last episode.  They went into the prison and were killing a few zombies (not overly quiet either) and they turned a corner and htere was an inner yard completely filled with zombies.  They werent wandering out of the yard or aimlessly, they were just hanging out in there.  they eventually locked them all in there, but they were definitely slow moving zombies and not really attracted to any noises the living were making before that.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

All hail the Ricktatorship!

jeffdonahue

All hail the Ricktatorship!

Yeah, if you werent sure whether he was in charge before last night - you are now.

So I feel like I'm still confused on something here.  If i remember correctly, at the end of last season Rick told Lori that he killed Shane.  Then she got all pissed at him, he tried to console her and she pushed him away.  Clearly, this season it is the exact opposite, where she wants his love/compassion and he is pushing her away.  What did I miss?

And (drumroll please) who is watching them from the woods?  It's obviously not Andrea and Michonne, and it cant be anybody from Woodbury (the town they ahve not introduced yet, but you've seen Andrea and Michonne there in the previews) because you hear them in the previews ask where their friends are.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah, if you werent sure whether he was in charge before last night - you are now.

So I feel like I'm still confused on something here.  If i remember correctly, at the end of last season Rick told Lori that he killed Shane.  Then she got all pissed at him, he tried to console her and she pushed him away.  Clearly, this season it is the exact opposite, where she wants his love/compassion and he is pushing her away.  What did I miss?

And (drumroll please) who is watching them from the woods?  It's obviously not Andrea and Michonne, and it cant be anybody from Woodbury (the town they ahve not introduced yet, but you've seen Andrea and Michonne there in the previews) because you hear them in the previews ask where their friends are.

I want to axe people in the head and say "shit happens," now! Big grin

I think Rick finally got fed up with Lori's shit.  Who wouldn't?  It seems like he reached his nice guy doormat limit for everyone, including Lori.

I thought maybe the person watching them is the Governor guy or someone from that group--but I haven't read the books to know more about them or where they are.  Perhaps an escaped non-zombie prisoner?

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ooh, here's the thing I wondered about.  Herschel's heart stopped and it appeared that he rapidly turned zombie, but then they got his heart beating and he was back to being non-zombie Herschel.  I found that a bit over-the-top hard to believe.  It doesn't seem to me like zombie would be something that could be reversed so easily.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ooh, here's the thing I wondered about.  Herschel's heart stopped and it appeared that he rapidly turned zombie, but then they got his heart beating and he was back to being non-zombie Herschel.  I found that a bit over-the-top hard to believe.  It doesn't seem to me like zombie would be something that could be reversed so easily.

I don't think he went zombie.

Now, I don't know if this is true in real life, but in the movies/TV, when someone is resuscitated from cardiac arrest, they are often shown to have a sudden startle effect when their heart starts beating again.  I think this is what Hershel did.  Think Tom Cruise at the end of MI3 when his wife shocked his heart back into action.

ultramarathon/triathlete

I don't think he went zombie.

Now, I don't know if this is true in real life, but in the movies/TV, when someone is resuscitated from cardiac arrest, they are often shown to have a sudden startle effect when their heart starts beating again.  I think this is what Hershel did.  

Agreed ------^

As to who's watching from the woods... my bet... Merle. 

Spoiler:

I was very happy to finally see someone on TV do what I was yelling from my couch for them to do.  Kill that messed up inmate dude! 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                                Gatorade Endurance Team