Running sunglasses (Read 142 times)

Gizmo2019

Hello!

i just bought aftershoks ear buds and I can’t quite fit a Hat over those for sun protection. Anyone recommend sunglasses that won’t keep slipping off my sweaty nose bridge, that may fit well with the aftershoks?

im a minimalist that prefers the least amount of gear...(music is a must)

or any other suggestions...

From the Internet.

Goodrs are my go-to - cheap and work well.

Nike Tailwind. MaxSpeed lens. Stupid-ugly "sports shield" style, but function better than anything I've tried. I tuck the temples up into my hat above my ears.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Gizmo2019

Thanks guys. Yes I’m not looking to look good, just function.

kcam

I wear whatever's cheap (current sunglasses are $3 fishing sunglasses bought at Walmart!).  Surly Bill's suggestion to put the legs of the sunglasses on your running hat (if you wear one) is spot on. I am a 30 year runner and I hated that some sunglasses would bounce around on my face as I ran.  A couple years ago a I complained about it to a friend on a run and he told me to do exactly that - put the legs up on my hat rather than where they normally go.  It was like a revelation from heaven. Now, cheap sunglasses or not they don't bounce anymore.  I'm left wondering how in 30 years of running I never figured this out on my own!

Gizmo2019

😀 that’s great! Good to know! I was just sifting thru Walmart fishing and outdoor glasses..

well, I usually wear earbuds that have the cord wrap over the top of my ear, and the temples of the sunglasses PLUS that cord isn't the best situation, but not too bad. That's why I put the temples under my hat. Some glasses' temples are shaped in a way that doesn't work, though. I've found earbuds with larger plastic wraps chafe; the kind I like are just the wires, but they are stiffened a little to stay that shape. I'm very curious about the self contained bone conduction headphones, the ones with built in memory for MP3.

Image result for over ear wrap earbuds

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Marky_Mark_17

Big fan of goodr running sunglasses.  Cheap, but comfortable, durable and they stay in place.  Awesome colours too.  No idea how they'd fit with earbuds though sorry.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr, 1:15:48

Up next: Runway5, 4 May

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

Gizmo2019

Big fan of goodr running sunglasses.  Cheap, but comfortable, durable and they stay in place.  Awesome colours too.  No idea how they'd fit with earbuds though sorry.

Thanks I’ll look into those. Holy moly your stats! Roadrunner! You must be young 😀

Usually Goodr or Blenders

Gizmo2019

Thank you! All these brands I’ve never heard of! Love this site.

Irishod

Cheap sunglasses do more harm than good.  They screen light but don’t have an adequate UV rating.  So, your pupils will be slightly larger due to the lesser amount of visible light getting through the lens, and this leads to more invisible and damaging UV light entering the eye.  Spring for a decent pair with good UV protection.  You want full UV A and UVB protection.  Polarized lenses will be much more visually comfortable, but if you’re cheap you can skip it.  Once you have it though, you won’t want to be without it.  Maui Jim makes great sunglasses. You get what you pay for though.  They’re going to run $150 and up.

Hobie1

I switched from Maui Jims to xx2i.  I don't really see any difference (and I love Maui Jim).

You can usually find a discount code.  They are only sold online and I have several pair.  Their warranty is for lifetime, no questions asked.

Marky_Mark_17

Thanks I’ll look into those. Holy moly your stats! Roadrunner! You must be young 😀

Thanks!  I'm 38, so not super-young, but I only got into running 4 years ago so I'm kind of making up for lost time.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr, 1:15:48

Up next: Runway5, 4 May

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

Gizmo2019

I switched from Maui Jims to xx2i.  I don't really see any difference (and I love Maui Jim).

You can usually find a discount code.  They are only sold online and I have several pair.  Their warranty is for lifetime, no questions asked.

Thank you!!