DATE FORMAT (Read 74 times)

BillyF

I have repeatedly changed the date format in Locale settings to UK type dd/MM/yyyy and saved it. This changes the date format only for the current session. If I close and then reopen the browser and go back to RA login again the date setting has always reverted to M/d/yyyy.

Anyone any thoughts?

Did ask tech support about this in July 2016. I think they've had time to respond...

...they haven't.

Currently using Chrome browser Version 51.0.2704.106 m

Windows 10 pro 64 bit

runmichigan

Technical Support consists of one person (Eric).  He provides advice on what information he needs at: https://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/22fe17b148d84f9ea69ef3443c68ffb4/resume#focus

eric :)

Hi run105,

I am unable to reproduce your problem. I did notice that your account is missing the short date format. I don't know if that's the problem. Could you enter the date string again and save it? Let me know and I'll check your account to see if the value is saved.

eric Smile

BillyF

Eric,

Thanks for the response and pardon my tardiness in replying. I may have been confusing myself a little....

It depends on whether i am logged in or not. I have a blogspot blog on the go and had put a link from the home page to my  training log summary, accessing using a password. If I have not logged into my runlog account and open the summary via this link it shows all dates as mm/dd/yyyy if I have logged in then all ok it seems. I guess that anonymous access using the viewing password does not access my locale settings.

Not sure if it's possible to make that happen. I do appreciate there may be underlying complexities here, I spent 16 years in IT as programmer/analyst/consultant. Apart from stuff I do for my own amusement I've left all that behind...

One thing I hadn't saved was a default location in the settings page so that was also a change i made, though I doubt this is relevant.

Regards,

Billy F

eric :)

Hi Billy,

The logic is a bit convoluted but I can probably get it to use your locale setting by default. I'll try to get it done before year's end.