Running Poll Question!! (Read 275 times)

It depends for me. The really old beat up ones I use for mowing the lawn. The old, but still usable ones I'll bring out to run with on rainy days or when I expect mud on the trails. The old racing ones I just keep as mementos, but don't run in anymore. I still have my old high school cross country and track racing shoes stowed away in my closet.

WordPress Speed Guides: my personal website with speed and seo guides

vincoding.com: repository of useful code snippets that I've saved over time

JML

You can also donate them to charity.  I send mine to Africa under a program setup to provide gently worn shoes that are used for health and wellness programs in Kenya:

http://www.shoe4africa.org/how-you-can-help

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.

Donate.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

keeponrunning

Mileage-wise, depends on the shoe.  I'm in the Kinvaras right now, and usually 300-400 miles in them.  They seem to die quicker in the winter, probably something to do with them getting soaked most runs. 
          I usually donate them.  The athletic centre at my university has a box for donations, I believe they go to inner-city kids.  (goody2shoes program)

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Most of them get donated. Seems like 500 miles is the average life span.

BostonRnr

About 500 miles. I recycle old shoes at local running store or Niketown.

xhristopher

BeeRunB

I get about 1200-1500 miles out of a pair of shoes. I then retire them to yard work.

Will run for scenery.

I'm new enough not to have a real baseline.  This Spring I wore my shoes to LRS and tried on one shoe of the exact same model.  Even though I'm a CSOB I could not deny that there was a huge difference.  So old running shoes become new daily wear shoes (I dress casual. Only.)  Old daily wear shoes get tossed in closet for evental "dirty deeds duty".  Old DDD shoes get shoved even further back into closet.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Mine are usually too smelly to donate for anything.  Usually get about 1100km

“Attitude is the Difference Between an Ordeal and an Adventure”

Goals 2016

Do stuff

delicate flower

Depends on the shoe.  I get anywhere from 200 miles (NB 1400's) to 400 miles (Mizuno Wave Runners) out of my shoes.  If they are in decent enough shape when I'm done with them, I donate them.  Otherwise they get chucked.  I don't keep a collection of old shoes in the house.  I have two pairs in active rotation, and one pair for gym/casual use.

<3

Hoban-Jay

800-1200 miles  After that, I might wear them around the house or to work etc...but then they tend to work their way back into rotation...which isn't good.  After that, I generally recycle them, when I'm done with them their not in condition that anyone at all would ever want to wear them.