Winter 2011 Comet: Wind Protection For Men's Unmentionables (Read 1069 times)

For something "unmentionable", men sure seem to mention them a lot. Not specifically in RA....just in life.

more than we should certainly.

but probably less than women chat about boobs don't you think? 

in this case, since freezing this area is relatively common and very uncomfortable I think it's excusable mentioning. 

but yeah... all my running solutions seem to be very cheap, and quite a few involve socks.  they make decent gloves and they protect  the somewhat mentionables.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And still less than men chat about boobs.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

in this case, since freezing this area is relatively common and very uncomfortable I think it's excusable mentioning. 

but yeah... all my running solutions seem to be very cheap, and quite a few involve socks.  they make decent gloves and they protect  the somewhat mentionables.

Oh, I wasn't complaining about this thread. Just an observation I've made. Wink And Zoomy is right. Men chat about boobs. A lot.

Nah.  By the time winter gets here in two and a half months he'll either have figured out how to get dressed or quit running.

And anyway, I usually just use one of these:

Just be careful zipping it up.

Heh heh.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

an amazing likeness

Santa brought me some Sugoi Wind Boxers. Like 'em.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Collating all the suggestions here, apparently I should be looking for a wind sock.  I'll try the Sugoi stuff; in the interest of TMI, I won't report back.

I went with the Asics ASX Wind Boxers.  Haven't run more than 6-8 miles in them yet, but I like 'em.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

bhearn

Read in a blog today:

"If Hal Koerner can put his testicles in a zip-lock and hike around Mount Blanc, I can finish this damn race!"

Oh, I wasn't complaining about this thread. Just an observation I've made. Wink And Zoomy is right. Men chat about boobs. A lot.

And we only chat about them about 1% of the time we are thinking about them!  Smile

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Marquess of Utopia

Pearl Izumi Men's Barrier Liner have a super snug fit; but they have held up for 2 winters.

I purchased some Asis wind boxers last year and they formed a hole on the seams after 4 - 5 runs. After 6 runs the hole was to big to provide "support".

Sugoi Men's MidZero Wind Boxer I just got these a few months ago. Very comfortable!

Hoodoo Guru

I have a pair of compression shorts with a pocket right in front where the fly should be.  On cold days, a sock goes in the pocket. 

The tangents are moot.

#artbydmcbride

I have a pair of compression shorts with a pocket right in front where the fly should be.  On cold days, a sock goes in the pocket. 

pictures please?   Blush

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The ladies find this thread fascinating.

an amazing likeness

The ladies find this thread fascinating.

I suspect not.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Beware, batbear...

I haven't been following the thread, but I will unabashedly say that the best thing I have found is...The "MANtyliner."  Seriously.  I live in a house full of chicas and I've found that the pantyliner, properly placed in the shorts, not only breaks the wind, but absorbs sweat and wicks it away from little Edward - Prince of Peniland.

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

#artbydmcbride

I haven't been following the thread, but I will unabashedly say that the best thing I have found is...The "MANtyliner."  Seriously.  I live in a house full of chicas and I've found that the pantyliner, properly placed in the shorts, not only breaks the wind, but absorbs sweat and wicks it away from little Edward - Prince of Peniland.

yes....yes...we do find this thread fascinating!!  Big grin

Runners run