2017 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 487 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Right.  I characterized that wrong.  It was the photographer who was the jerk.

No, actually it was the tweeter that was the twit.  "The photo was taken by Boston Marathon finisher Garrett Quinn, but it was Dremali’s viral tweet that had the internet laughing." I don't know why the media were asking him for permission rather than the photographer. Maybe they were confused as well. Whatever. I'm just nitpicking.

Julia1971

Stuck.

No, actually it was the tweeter that was the twit.  "The photo was taken by Boston Marathon finisher Garrett Quinn, but it was Dremali’s viral tweet that had the internet laughing." I don't know why the media were asking him for permission rather than the photographer. Maybe they were confused as well. Whatever. I'm just nitpicking.

Okay.  I really need to go back and re-read the articles.  I thought the photographer was the one holding a grudge about how ESPN treated deflate-gate...

Is it just me, or is there a lot of Patriots in the news this week?  This sign, the White House visit, Aaron Hernandez...

Is it just me, or is there a lot of Patriots in the news this week?  This sign, the White House visit, Aaron Hernandez...

There are a lot of Patriots in the news, but I think it's more to do with the different stories about Aaron Hernandez. There's an awful lot of coverage right now about him and his death.

npaden

I just booked my hotel and flight for Boston 2018!

Took me forever to decide on how much I was willing to spend to be close to the finish line.  My wife and 10 year old son are going to come with me, will hopefully be a really good experience for him.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

joescott

I just booked my room.  Been 5 years.  Looking forward to going back.  :-)

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Julia1971

I've been worried all day that I forgot to book a room.  Got home and was happy to see my reservation email.  Smile

I'll start the 2018 thread...