Champion Shorts Sale (Read 680 times)

seeEricaRun

Awesome

All shorts are on sale over at www.championusa.com. For some reason, they think this is "perfect" for Mother's Day. I don't get it. (Fixed - sorry about that.)
    Ben Running

All shorts are on sale over at www.champion.com. For some reason, they think this is "perfect" for Mother's Day. I don't get it.
      No shorts there, that is a mortgage company.
      xor

Why, I do believe that Eureka meant http://www.championusa.com I reckon.

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

For some reason, they think this is "perfect" for Mother's Day. I don't get it.
          I heard an ad on the radio today saying something to the extent, "Show your Mom you care, remind her to get her mammogram." No joke. Surprised
          xor

I heard an ad on the radio today saying something to the extent, "Show your Mom you care, remind her to get her mammogram." No joke. Surprised
            Well, having close personal experience with breast cancer, I'll just say that there are two big reasons why this type of cancer is often not treated until it is way too late: 1. Many women just don't go in for a mammogram. It's uncomfortable or painful, it can be expensive for some folks, it's just another thing on the list. Besides, nothing's wrong with them so why go? 2. Or they do go in, something is found, but they don't follow up. Either out of fear or "if I don't think about it, it isn't true". You'd think that #2 wouldn't happen that often if ever... but it seems to be somewhat common. And #1 is common. Maybe it isn't as sweet as a dozen roses and a card, but it probably helps getting some women in the door knowing that their family wants them to take the time to do it. Plus the message can be accompanied with a card and flowers. Oh yeah, another reason for #1 is a different flavor of #2. Some women won't go because they don't want to know. As long as they don't get bad news, it must be ok. (men do this too. And, oddly enough, men can get breast cancer, but I digress)

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Reminds me of the Win a Colonoscopy contest. I'm really curious to see how many people entered that one.
              xor

Eh. I just felt poked for entering that shitty contest.

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Eh. I just felt poked for entering that shitty contest.
                  Butt at least you'd get a free three-night stay in NYC.