Muscle Relief Rubs - Preferences (Read 119 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I have been using the Iron Man Muscle Rub for a few years now and I love it, it stays ice cold for hours and is great when I don't feel like sitting still for 15 minutes to ice my knees, calves or all of my legs. Problem is I can no longer find it anywhere and I have only one tube left. Can anyone refer me to a muscle rub that does not heat up, but stays cold for a period of time?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I have been using the Iron Man Muscle Rub for a few years now and I love it, it stays ice cold for hours and is great when I don't feel like sitting still for 15 minutes to ice my knees, calves or all of my legs. Problem is I can no longer find it anywhere and I have only one tube left. Can anyone refer me to a muscle rub that does not heat up, but stays cold for a period of time?

Does an "ice cold feeling" on the skin have the same effect as dropping the temperature of the muscle (applying real ice)?  Maybe muscle rubs are good endothermic reactions with true temperature lowering properties.

(I'm working the experiment in my head right now: side of ham, probe thermometer, ice and muscle-rub): sounds like a fun weekend.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The Iron Man muscle rub would/will get about as freezing cold if not more because I have to put some sort of cloth between the ice and my skin. Plus I can put the rub on before going to bed, maybe not a good thing but it feels good and relieves soreness.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

I don't know if it actually lowers temperature, but I really like Tiger Balm Ultra Strength stuff.  A little goes a long way, and I really like it for rubbing my calves.  It keeps the cold feeling for a long time, too.

I'm not sure if it's really effective or if it's the deep massaging that I do along with it that does the trick.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
          Emil Zatopek

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I'll take a look at that stuff.

PRs

Master of Inconsistency

I always liked Biofreeze ,I think you can checkout their website <cite>www.biofreeze.com/</cite>

Ain't  Wastin' Time No More !

SanGD

Well, instead of trying any product you can also use natural ingredients. You can make a mixture of water, peppermint oil, vegetable glycerin, and eucalyptus oil and use it on your stiff muscles. This solution will have a cooling effects and it is also good for your muscles,