Lightweight trainer recommendations (Read 181 times)

Coach wants me to try some lightweight trainers for my marathon workouts.  I've been wearing ASICS 2100 series for a long, long time.  I also wear some orthotics, but I will not be wearing the for my workouts, I guess.  My feet aren't made for Nikes.  Any suggestions?

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

It's been a while since I wore Asics but if I recall, the Asics DS Trainer is generally considered the lightweight cousin of the Asics 21XX series. You might try that.

Runners run

highonrunning

I second the Ds Trainers. Enough support, but only for <10oz. I ran in the 2100 series through high school and switched over to the DS Trainers, and now use them for all my regular runs. There a great shoe and hold up nicely for me for 400-600 miles.

ymmv

I like the Asics DS Trainer and the Saucony Mirage 2. You can find older models on runningwarehouse at half the original cost or so.

Why is it sideways?

I like the Saucony Kinvaras, the 4 is just out, and so you can find nice deals on the 3. They aren't for everyone, but worth a try.

I like the Saucony Kinvaras, the 4 is just out, and so you can find nice deals on the 3. They aren't for everyone, but worth a try.

I liked Asics, but the only time I tried them (other than the Magic Racers) they wore out WAY too fast for me to afford running.

I also love the Saucony Kinvara - My other shoe at the moment is the Brooks PureFlow - I also love them. The Kinvara are softer and have a slightly higher heel than the pureflow, I think. That's the way they feel.

I have been a huge fan of the kinvaras for a couple years now,.  I run nearly all my miles in them and they are a great shoe;I usually get 500-600 miles out of them.  I just recently bought, and ran a marathon, in the Virrata.  I think I might like this shoe even more, but either of the two are solid choices.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

DukeDB

Anyone here try the DS Trainer 18?  I disliked the 17 and am on the last of my 16s (purchased a bunch when I realized that the 17 wasn't going to do it for me).

Coach wants me to try some lightweight trainers for my marathon workouts.  I've been wearing ASICS 2100 series for a long, long time.  I also wear some orthotics, but I will not be wearing the for my workouts, I guess.  My feet aren't made for Nikes.  Any suggestions?

If your "work horse" trainer is the Asics 2000s. some great options would be the Mizuno Elixir, Asics DS Trainer, Saucony Mirage and Brooks ST5

---------

For $55, I'm willing to give the 3s a try, so they're on their way.

I'm figuring that my current shoes are so beaten down that I might as well be running barefoot, so there won't be much of adjustment to these lighter, more minimal shoes.

So I ran in my Kinvaras for the first time today for a four-miler.  I was expecting them to feel like my flats, but they didn't.  I would have been far more comfortable in my flats.  I'm planning to keep slowly working them into my runs.  However, I'm a little concerned about whether they'll work out for me.

So I ran in my Kinvaras for the first time today for a four-miler.  I was expecting them to feel like my flats, but they didn't.  I would have been far more comfortable in my flats.  I'm planning to keep slowly working them into my runs.  However, I'm a little concerned about whether they'll work out for me.

Why not just do your workouts in your flats then?

---------