2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

pepperjack

pie man

Good thoughts for your surgery.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

kcam

Here's to hoping the surgery goes well and results are good!

Running Problem

Problem Child

So tomorrow should be fun.

35F with 80% chance of snow and 9 mph winds. I’m probably going to over dress with a cold gear top and tights. Plus headcover and gloves. Checkers or wreckers.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

pepperjack

pie man

That’s running weather...

good luck.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

35F with 80% chance of snow and 9 mph winds. 

Go Brrrrr-ew!

Good luck to dw ! - racing in Central Park in a few hours

Running Problem

Problem Child

That’s running weather...

good luck.

You East Coast people. You don’t know how good you’ve it...now that you’re on the Best Coast.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

dw CRUSHED it (4mi race in Central Park):

1st Place in women's 40-45yo, 25:16, 6:19 pace, AG% = 80.16

Congrats!!!

kcam

Great run there, darkwave!

44 miles this week.  Did 10 miles out in the rain this morning (give myself an A for effort there, I did NOT want to get out of bed for that!) and 2 X 1.5 mile hilly intervals yesterday morning, everything else was easy.

I have another 5K, on the roads this time, in a few weeks.  I'm hoping to show considerable improvement from the 22:20 track 5K I turned in last week.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

dw CRUSHED it (4mi race in Central Park):

1st Place in women's 40-45yo, 25:16, 6:19 pace, AG% = 80.16

Congrats!!!

Thanks, though you're omitting that I got beat by not one, not two, but THREE women in their 50s....  (not sure what emoji belongs there...)

I was pretty happy with it.  I felt like I competed very well.  Would have liked to have broken 25 minutes, but I'm just not in that shape yet.  Gorgeous day, so I'm glad I came up.  If only NYC would have more races in Manhattan that started at 9 am or later, with same day bib pickup (those being necessary criteria for me to be able to race there as a day trip).

Race report is here.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Thanks, though you're omitting that I got beat by not one, not two, but THREE women in their 50s....  (not sure what emoji belongs there...)

I was pretty happy with it.  I felt like I competed very well.  Would have liked to have broken 25 minutes, but I'm just not in that shape yet.  Gorgeous day, so I'm glad I came up.  If only NYC would have more races in Manhattan that started at 9 am or later, with same day bib pickup (those being necessary criteria for me to be able to race there as a day trip).

Race report is here.

Awesome job. Maybe those women hang out in the “I’m hitting all these major PRs later in my life. It’s all due to my training” circles.

I canceled the race, then tried a hard effort. The warm up showed uncleared roads. There must have been an excessive amount of traffic after that because it was somewhat runnable so I tried to pick up the pace. I couldn’t get below 7 if I tried and 6 miles actually felt longer and harder than a workout. Tuesday workout is back on. I do agree that Racing is a good skill to keep sharp.

VDOT 53.37 

Thanks, though you're omitting that I got beat by not one, not two, but THREE women in their 50s....   

Yup, there are some quick 50+ women around...  I see Fiona Bayly (running past me) at the armory every Tuesday.

My week:

M: 7 easy + weights

T: 6 with intervals: 2x1k ~3:45, 2x800 ~2:57, 2x600 ~2:09

W: rd

Th: 3 easy + spin

F: 6 easy

S: 45min eliptical

S: swim + weights

total = 22

OMR

Congrats to Dwave (impressive as usual), and good luck with the surgery, Rovatti.

My week:

M:  4 @ 9:59

T:  10 @ 10:37 w/1900' elevation

W:  3.5 @ 8:55

T:  10 @ 10:17 w/950' elevation

F:  4 @ 10:00

S:  8.5 @ 9:17

S:  20 @10:53 w/3100' elevation

Total:  60 for the week, 235 for the month of January.

AceHarris

OMR: nice week!

Rovatti: when's the surgery?

Dwave: nice race! How did you like the 4 mile distance?

After a pitiful January of only 84 miles, I'm likely just doing Cherry Blossom as a fun run. Today is the best I've felt in about a month, still congested, but finally don't feel sick. A poor January and need of a mental brake from training has led to taking some time off from coaching. Just going to run on my own for a few months, probably only on my off days, so 4 days a week. Hoping to just stay in some kind of shape and enjoy running. Planning to get on the trails a little more. Will still try to vary the paces throughout the week too.

My Week:

M: 6.1 at 8:19

T: ---

W: Cross training and yoga

R:---

F: ---

S: 10 miles on the the trails (9:11) - Learned a handheld water bottle is a good cushion when you slip and fall into a tree.

S: 8 easy with some strides in the last mile (8:00)

24 miles and some other stuff.

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Quick drive-by/week dump-off - Rovatti - good luck with the surgery - that's tomorrow, right?

My week: 47 miles, 16 "miles" of pool-running, and 1000 yards of swimming:
                              M: Yoga and 8 "miles" pool-running
                              T: 10 miles, including 2000, 4x800, 2x200 in 7:58, 2:59, 3:02, 3:00, 3:01, 41, 41.  Also leg strengthwork and 1000 yards recovery swimming.
                              W: Yoga and 10.5 miles very easy (8:42) plus drills/strides
                              Th: upper body weights/core and 8 "miles" pool-running.
                              F: 7 miles, including 1 mile up-tempo in 6:36.
                              Sa: 4 miles very easy (9:21)
                              Su:  3.5 mile warm-up, then 4 mile race (Gridiron 4M in Central Park) in 25:16 (6:33/6:16/6:24/6:05), followed by 1 mile jog.  Later did another 5.5 very easy (9:06 pace) in Central Park, because that's what you do in NYC.  Also some injury prevention work.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

DWave - Killer 4 miler! The travel/sleep/eating arrangement seems so odd to a person from my area of the country.

Rovatti - Best of luck with the surgery and recovery.

Brew - Bummer on the road conditions. Course looked like a nice little 5k loop, with some decent hills. Some of it right on the border with that state to your left.

Ace - Glad you're not feeling sick any longer. Hopefully that upward trend continues.

Me - Last week was largely a bust, which sums up the running year so far for me. Two good runs early, then I missed a couple days with silent migraines (nausea + vertigo, but no pain). I planned on pushing my LR from Saturday to Sunday so I could be home that morning since DD1 had a friend stay over for her birthday. That didn't pan out when a GI bug hit me early Sunday morning. I'm over that now, but still feeling a bit weak, if that's the right word. I'm now hoping to get in a workout and one, maybe two, easy runs before heading with the family to go skiing for about a week. It may be wishful thinking, but I'll at least have my running gear with me so maybe I can get a couple mountain-ish runs in while I'm there.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races: