205 vs 305 (Read 682 times)

So I have been looking at the two and the only difference I can see is that the 305 comes with the HRM and the 205 doesn't. If I am mistaken on this please feel free to edumcate me. Jeremy
    2009 Goals...:
    -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
      Almost right....... The 305 also has the ability to use other devices like a foot pod if you are running inside on a treadmill and a can communicate with a cadence sensor if you are also into biking. I have the 205 and am perfectly happy with it....I did not need the HRM and always run outside... If you are on the fence...keep an eye on the prices, sometimes the 305 gets pretty close to the 205 price tag.
        205 is blue, 305 is red.

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The 305 costs a touch more.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The 305 costs a touch more.
            Especially if you lose your $50 rebate check. Black eye Cry

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah...I could have sworn I put the entire envelope with check in my purse. Then I ended up not getting to the bank when I wanted to...then the weather got bad, then the dids got sick...and now the check is nowhere to be found. I *hope* it's maybe in my car... (fingers-crossed)

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Life is Good

I went with the 305 because after reading several reviews on Cnet.com It was a better upgrade. the 205 was having issues with losing satellite connections,( which may have been resolved) and do check prices! My husband bought mine as a gift off the internet, it came as a package deal and he was able to get the Garmin,HRM, and footpod for the price of the watch itself on the Garmin site...Garmin is a great company though..when you have problems they will help you solve them, I am impressed with them. good luck! and I hope this helps

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between