Maxed out the TM - redeaux (Read 1225 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Did 6 miles last night with some striders. On my last strider, I maxed out the TM at 10.0 MPH For one brief exciting moment, I was running pretty fast.
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Be careful - last month my son managed to break a TM at a small gym in Vermont because he was going too fast! It was my fault, too - the gym had a rule that you had to be 16 to use the workout room, but he REALLY needed to run and the roads were horrible, so I told him it was OK, even though he's only 15. Sigh. That's what I get for being sneaky.

Lazy idiot

Did 6 miles last night with some striders. On my last strider, I maxed out the TM at 10.0 MPH For one brief exciting moment, I was running pretty fast.
        I did this a few times on some recent runs. That's quite fast for me, too. Though I will say it made me wish the TM went faster. Evil grin nice job!

Tick tock

I swear, you are a treadmill junkie! That's pretty crazy...I don't know if I'll ever run too fast for a treadmill.
          Heroes never die. They just reload.
            I've maxed out the treadmills out at our local gym, albeit for 30seconds or so. When they hit 10mph (16 kph) the speed starts to decrease down a couple of tenths then goes back up. It's like it's trying to catch up with itself. It really does put you off your stride. Be careful not to fall off as you would look really silly. Lee
            2009 Targets 5k <23m. 10k=""></23m.><48m. half="" marathon=""></48m.><1hr 44. pb's 5k - 24:05, 10k - 50:10, half marathon 1hr 55. 44.="" pb's="" 5k="" -="" 24:05,="" 10k="" -="" 50:10,="" half="" marathon="" 1hr=""></1hr 44. pb's 5k - 24:05, 10k - 50:10, half marathon 1hr 55.>
              Be careful not to fall off as you would look really silly.
              It is incredibly entertaining for people on the TM's around you though. It never is NOT funny, unless it happens to you. One guy always got on the TM next to me and would peek over to see my speed, then go a few tenths faster. He would hold on for dear life if it was too fast, and one morning he goes flying off the back. That was bad...trying to jump on the moving belt from the rear of the TM was a worse idea, and he landed face-first, smashing his nose (I'm pretty sure it was broken). I nearly fell off the TM I was on due to all the commotion - it was all I could do to keep from peeing myself with laughter!
              Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Turns out the stupid thing goes up to 12mph, not 10. So I maxed it out on a stride this morning.
                  I had the opportunity to find out what maxed out was--on a broken treadmill @ the local gym. The speed up/down buttons went haywire, and suddenly when I was trying to slow it down, it just kept speeding up...and up...and up... I had set it at 6.0, and when I was ready to slow down to the 5-ish range, it just wouldn't go!!! I finally bailed when it hit about 8.5 and was still climbing. 6.0 is fast for me at this stage, and above 8 I was having visions of being shot off the back of the belt like a dropped iPod. Shocked But no fear...I just moved over to a different treadmill and finished. Smile