Rolled ankle again! (Read 614 times)

Go Green Wave!

Ok, so for about the 20th (I am not exaggerating) time I've rolled my ankle. I run on a lot of trails, and it just so happens it was on a trail today but I've rolled it running on the road too! Is there anything anyone can suggest for prevention of this ever happening again?
      I doubt there is anything that will prevent it from happening ever again. But one thing Ive read (here and else where) is that improving ankle strength through balance exercises - using a balance board, bosu balance trainer, etc, reduces ankle injuries. I'm just guessing, but maybe there are better or different trail shoes that you could get that provide more ankle stability.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Go Green Wave!

These are my trail shoes http://www.shoeshow.com/Adidas-Yukon-Trail-P8124C9.aspx?imgbase=015584 I've always had a problem with rolling my ankles but never so much have I done it than with these shoes...I shoulda have known to always stick with nike and new balance for my trainers!
          When running trails, I think it's really important to get gait and pronation specific shoes. If you are like me and under-pronate your feet, getting stability shoes is a really bad idea because they tend to push your ankles out. I bought some NB 873's recently and they are the best pair of trail shoes I've ever had. They are stable in the heel but allow for some give from the inevitable root and rock you will step on sideways.
            Trails are dangerous! I only did one trail race, I rolled my ankle and I still have stiffness on long runs thanks to that one race.

Michelle