Help me fix my toe! (Now with exciting / gross pictures!) (Read 4836 times)

Jazz hands!

Last Sunday I went on a long run (5.5 miles--long for me) and, without realizing it, lined up the seam in my sock perfectly with the seam in my right shoe and also with the part of my pinkie toe that sticks out the most. All the pounding gave me some sort of nasty bruised swelling on this one tiny part of my foot and now it looks like an alien is trying to escape from my little toe. It's lovely. I need suggestions fixing it. I've already gotten better socks that don't have the $^#*ing seam right there, but thanks to swelling there aren't shoes I can wear during the winter that don't press on the Toe Bump (thereby making it worse). Any ideas on how I can get the stupid swelling to go down while still, you know, walking? MTA: The toe in question is the little one all the way on the right (I ran on it about two hours ago and had to cut a run short because the damn thing hurt too much): I have pretty hairy big toes, I know. Another view: And my (normal-feeling) left foot for comparison. The same part on this foot does stick out a little, though it's not currently swollen, but it's partly callus and partly that's how my foot goes. I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier, but I might try a run in my super-duper-motion-control shoes (I'm running in neutral now), which I don't really like, but part of the problem here is that I tend to twist my right foot a little when i push off the ball (if that makes any sense), which I think rams it into the side-seam of my shoe. I do the same thing on the left but not nearly as much. Yeah, I run funny.
    run run run AHHHHHH run run run

#artbydmcbride

Is it a blood blister? You could try poking it with a sterilized needle and drain the fluid off. If it is just swelling, maybe you should ice it.

Runners run

I dont have any suggestion on your current problem but when I was in the ARMY many years ago, I learned something that I still use to this day..... I normally wear my sox inside out -- and that puts the stitch part of the seam agains the shoe and the smooth part of the sox against my foot..........this one thing has saved me from lots of blisters during my military days (because the military sox had really large seams placed just where you dont want them) and also when I run because the many of the running sox are similar... Give it a shot ------- it really helps....sounds weird and might look a little funny to those very few that might notice......but so what (is my motto)... Big grin Wink Tongue Smile

Champions are made when no one is watching

Best Present Ever

I dont have any suggestion on your current problem but when I was in the ARMY many years ago, I learned something that I still use to this day..... I normally wear my sox inside out -- and that puts the stitch part of the seam agains the shoe and the smooth part of the sox against my foot..........this one thing has saved me from lots of blisters during my military days (because the military sox had really large seams placed just where you dont want them) and also when I run because the many of the running sox are similar... Give it a shot ------- it really helps....sounds weird and might look a little funny to those very few that might notice......but so what (is my motto)... Big grin Wink Tongue Smile
          none of my running socks has a seam. I thought that was part of what made them running socks.
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

dvd0188

Hi,

Did you ever figure out what was going wrong with your pinky toe? I now have the same condition and think it was brought on by running. Please advise

stop running

Get off my porch

PDoe

Have you tried wrapping with a band-aid or just medical tape?