More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

SMART Approach

9 miles at -18 degrees. My feet and hands were warmest parts on body. Normally the opposite when just standing around. I won't be out there next few days with wind chillls near -50 degrees.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

1F in Chicago.  -23F WC.  Nobody out there on the Lake.  Checked in my 6miles.  Really wasn't so bad.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

This should be no problem for me, or a lot of others the next couple of days.

robin from maine

6+ at -1. Pleasant.

Seattle prattle

6 miles and 2 degrees (B.A. and M.Arch.).

Oh, come on! i want in on the club.

joescott

10 miles, -3 F.  And a nice 13 mph N wind as a bonus.  (Not sure where that would put the windchill).  Thankfully, this frigidity is supposed to pull out of my area pretty fast.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Kalsarikännit

Not that it counts for anything, but I bike commuted as usual yesterday, and my ride home was in a windchill of -50!  It was definitely a first, and kind of fun.  I came home and practically had a heat stroke.  So many layers.  The only problem I have is getting something to cover the face that will still let me breathe and won’t fog up my goggles.

Arrowhead 135 is this week in International Falls in case anyone needs inspiration.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

6.5 miles at 6 degrees on Sunday Jan 27. Didn't brave the sub-zero temps today with the wind but maybe Friday...

Joann Y

-20 with -51 real feel. Does sitting on my ass count?

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

-20 with -51 real feel. Does sitting on my ass count?

I think you basically just need to lace up, step outside, do a jogger-intersection dance, and you're good.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Kalsarikännit

I think you basically just need to lace up, step outside, do a jogger-intersection dance, and you're good.

Do the boiling mug of water toss while you are out there.  It is dorky but kind of fun (I’ll admit that I already did it this morning).

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

undue monkey

I thought this thread was over after Bob's Badwater post.

4+ @ 1 degree, -20WC. Not bad at all, even on bridges.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Do one of those 0K races to make it official.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Do the boiling mug of water toss while you are out there.  It is dorky but kind of fun (I’ll admit that I already did it this morning).

Does that really work? Saw it on Youtube and only half believed it.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I thought this thread was over after Bob's Badwater post.

Me too.  But maybe this somehow puts us on a par with Bob.  Not.