The COVID-19 Wild West Thread (Read 601 times)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Who the bloody hell take their phone on the golf course?  Are you a doctor on call?  Otherwise, that shit can wait.  Is nothing sacrosanct?

In the past, I have been pressured to carry my work phone with me when running.  There's also pressure to keep my work phone in my bedroom at night.  And to use my personal phone as my work phone, so that I can be reached even when on vacation.  That's always been a hard pass for me.

As someone who have telecommuted full time for over a decade, I learned early on that boundaries are really important.  And so I have separate work and personal phones and separate work and personal computers.  And when I'm not working, I put the work phone and computer away (though I will check the workphone occasionally on weekends).

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

rlopez

At my new job, I am required to have my cellphone on my person at all times. I am also required to have this other device, which is basically an old-school (thick) android with a barcode scanner strapped to it. Also an earpiece that connects to another device at my waist. And an easily accessible knife. Plus a pocket for shelf brackets, little signs, and whatnot.

Basically, I am strapped like batman. Just to sell liquor.

Covid related - wearing a mask is no bigs. Wearing a mask with glasses is no bigs. Wearing a mask with glasses and an earpiece over an ear starts to get complicated because they all intertwine after a few hours.

Purdey

Self anointed title

And an easily accessible knife. 

That shouldn't be a problem for ya.

Wearing a mask with glasses is no bigs.

I still have not mastered this. Any tips?

Runners run

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Covid related - wearing a mask is no bigs. Wearing a mask with glasses is no bigs. Wearing a mask with glasses and an earpiece over an ear starts to get complicated because they all intertwine after a few hours.

At the pool, we are expected to wear our masks until we are about to get into our lane.  Meaning that when I go swimming, I walk out wearing a mask and a swim cap.

It is surprisingly difficult to wear a mask with ear loops and a swim cap (that covers the ears snugly) at the same time.  I basically put the cap on, then fold the sides up so that my ears stick out (great look) so I can loop the mask back on.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

My glasses still fog up when I wear a mask.  We were walking on rough paths on the top of Cadillac Mountain outside of Bar Harbor last month and it was so bad I had to take off my glasses (and yes, masks were necessary outside because there were mobs of people).  My eyesight is so bad that it was hard to walk.  Sad  But it's a small price to pay.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Try finding one that you tie behind your head instead of the ones with loops. When people started making their own and the only pattern people used were loops I knew it was going to be a comfort issue. Since most people don't wear glasses with face coverings and multiple layers it's not common to know what works best. The ones that tie behind your neck and on top of your head work great because they leave your ears open. Everyone just piled up on using the ears for everything I'd just wear a balaclava at this point.

Staying away from how the East Coast does things...They must be Republicans. How else would you not know the state limit on parties is 50 people or 50 percent capacity and not wearing a mask was a violation? President Trump should have stopped this before it even started. Thankfully when Joe Biden wins the election we won't have to worry about this anymore. Not sure how many times this will happen before people learn.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sweet-16-super-spreader-party-in-new-york-leads-to-37-coronavirus-cases-dollar12000-fine/ar-BB1a1LIy?ocid=uxbndlbing

The birthday bash was held on Sept. 25 at the Miller Place Inn on Long Island — about 65 miles east of Manhattan — and drew 81 people, Suffolk County Executive Steven Bellone said on Tuesday.

That party was in violation of emergency state health codes that limit gatherings to 50 people or 50 percent of room capacity, whichever is a smaller number.

Partygoers also failed to wear masks and maintain social distance, according to Bellone. The 37 people linked to the event who tested positive consist of 28 students and nine adults.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I still have not mastered this. Any tips?

Old SCUBA trick is to spit on your glass.  There are pretty expensive chemical treatment for masks (basically Rain-X), but spit works just as well.  Might look a bit odd out of the sea, I guess.  Kinda like the advice to pee in your suit -- maybe not a good fit on land.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Old SCUBA trick is to spit on your glass.  There are pretty expensive chemical treatment for masks (basically Rain-X), but spit works just as well.  Might look a bit odd out of the sea, I guess.  Kinda like the advice to pee in your suit -- maybe not a good fit on land.

Hadn't thought of that even though I'm a diver.  I will give it a try.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hadn't thought of that even though I'm a diver.  I will give it a try.

Which?

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Half Crazy K 2.0

Who the bloody hell take their phone on the golf course?  Are you a doctor on call?  Otherwise, that shit can wait.  Is nothing sacrosanct?

If you check the phone while doing a fun activity, it can make it appear like you are working.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If you check the phone while doing a fun activity, it can make it appear like you are working.

Sounds feasible, but I'm still more impressed by the guy who said he uses it as a ranging device. Just waiting for someone to chip in with how they use it to control a drone to airlift out of the sand.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

My original post about checking my phone between shots was......a joke!  One of my golf partners is obsessed with the GPS app...and it’s especially useful on a course that you’ve never played before. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

. And an easily accessible knife.

Just one?

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn