the ABM sydrome (Read 127 times)

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Gee, so everyone is so aghast that I don't write on some mythical schedule I'm supposed to follow. For me, its about priorities.

I have a full time job

I have a life

Its summer, so I enjoy travelling

And I'm constantly writing, it's merely a matter of for whom.

And for those here who think they know more about training than I do, I'm still waiting to read the first response to the question of why track events are held in counterclockwise rotation and not clockwise?

Like I said, I'm rewriting the training manuals for both the Army and Marines, so my keyboard time for posting here is a juggle at best. I've replied here with a link to longer length articles on early human locomotion I've published, however that's deemed inappropriate. I'll send you a link if you want to read them. Just send a message privately. I openly wonder how many of you would...

Better yet, why has nobody sent me a link to anything they've ever published? Even the NSCA has published my writing, and you still all think I lack any credibility. Prove you're better...

Oh, and currently, with the inspiration of Bill, I've contacted a few collegiate programs per his challenge. So far I'm still waiting for that first school to allow me to prove I can teach any athlete to run 20% faster in an hour. Trust me, I'd love to see that on social media.

And if there is a program that isn't run by the typical cowards I meet, I'll keep you posted.

Otherwise, the joke of course is ABM syndrome. That you'll all spend so much time mocking me, but refuse to try the masking tape exercise for yourselves. Anyone But Me...

Oh, and it isn't to run like a cheetah or ostrich. Its to pick which technique features best fit the environment you're trying to navigate. Since you're locked into a running technique forced upon you from wearing shoes, I'm simply putting it out there that you have five other running technique choices and you willingly choose the slowest one and most injury promoting method of them.

In fact I found an amazing quote to describe my experiences here, which is of course why I'm bringing it to your attention.

"If you think you know a lot about something, even though you don't, you're less likely to be curious enough to explore the topic further, and will fail to learn how little you know," said study lead author Louis Marti, a Ph.D. student in psychology at UC Berkeley.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/09/180904150353.htm

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

rlopez

Stay gold.

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Without all the self-promotion and puffery and "I'm better than you," can you point me to the masking tape exercise?  I'm certainly willing to try things.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Without all the self-promotion and puffery and "I'm better than you," can you point me to the masking tape exercise?  I'm certainly willing to try things.

Just sent a private message.

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Lane

Unless you drop your 10-mile PR below 59:00 minutes and your half under 1:17, Mr. Jester will lose his credibility.

Heh.  Heh heh.  Heh.

I almost got that out with a straight face.

Modified to add this gif:

runmichigan

Just sent a private message.

Why are you unwilling to post this masking tape exercise on an open forum like this?

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Here you go, I'm the Robert in the story of course:

https://www.stewsmithfitness.com/blogs/news/14230729-running-evolution

The tape exercise is how I introduce all my clients to the balance skills I teach.

If you're going to try it for yourself, I'll gladly answer your questions and I look forward to your comments.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Unless you drop your 10-mile PR below 59:00 minutes and your half under 1:17, Mr. Jester will lose his credibility.

Heh.  Heh heh.  Heh.

I almost got that out with a straight face.

Modified to add this gif:

Yawn. The sport jester jokes are getting a bit boring now.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Tell me about it...

Even more boring is that the toilet vultures who think they know everything don't know anything.

The jokes are stale, seen countless times, and as worthless as the advice they give...