Please keep the forums civil! (Read 7487 times)

undue monkey

Rick, I started my running life in Bedford and I never thought I'd miss the long flat loops around the Jr/Sr High. But I do now that I'm 180# and trying to get some fitness back. Hills are great if they're optional.
    tmarcum

Theresa SmileThanks Eric for welcoming those of us from CR. I have not been able to find my log from CR since they went to Active.com Very disappointing, since I have been with them for 2 years. But am ready to start over. Thanks again for your hard work. Theresa (Cincinnati, OH)

undue monkey

Welcome Theresa. It's cool to see some fellow tri-staters. -Keith (Ft. Thomas)

Another Passion

Rick, I started my running life in Bedford and I never thought I'd miss the long flat loops around the Jr/Sr High. But I do now that I'm 180# and trying to get some fitness back. Hills are great if they're optional.
          Small world, Keith! Did you know Wayne Gamble? He would have been somewhere around your grade. He's a good friend of our family now. My daughter runs those flat loops between the schools, through the woods over to Indian Creek and White Park and back. I really wouldn't mind having some more diverse terrain to run and I know that training on hills regularly is good for your running. About the only hill we have around here is on Jackman Road (which I run) and the Telegraph Road overpass by Smith.

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

undue monkey

Wayne Gamble does not ring a bell. I was in band with Ben Tolly (we did a little running and some Gus Macker) and Phil Heebsh (I didn't hang out with him outside of band, but it looked like he became a pretty good runner after HS.) Yeah, I don't mind hills, but right now it's pretty much all I have.
            IMichael

What a breath of fresh air. Can't tell you how upset I am at Active. At least they could have waited till after the 1st when I download my info. Most of the info I value most is gone. I think. Tired of trying to figure it out. You sound like someone who has a site for runners by runners and that's appreciated. I will start fresh with you. mikey

Another Passion

Wayne Gamble does not ring a bell. I was in band with Ben Tolly (we did a little running and some Gus Macker) and Phil Heebsh (I didn't hang out with him outside of band, but it looked like he became a pretty good runner after HS.) Yeah, I don't mind hills, but right now it's pretty much all I have.
                Oh wow, Keith, Ben ended up baptizing me at Crossroads Church (the old Temperance Free Methodist). I was in band back in school as well so, you probably know Scott Stanifer as well. Ben and his wife, Julie, ended up moving down to the St. Louis area to do a church plant. His wife was very ill several years ago, shortly after they moved down to St L. I believe it was some type of cancer that she did get treated for and I think is now in remission. Nice to meet you on here Keith and, if you ever want to do a race up this way you'll have a place to stay in Temperance. Wink

Rick

undue monkey

If there was a way to take this off-line I would. I knew the Tolly's pretty well for a while, starting with Summer Band in 6th grade. I moved around (Illinois, Georgia, North Carolina) starting in 9th grade, but ended up back at UT to finish undergrad. It was there that I reconnected with Ben and shared a German class with Julie. After they were married they lived a block away from me and my roomie, another guy you might know from Crossroads, Keith Ramsdell. As far as I know Julie is doing well and they are still growing The Bridge in Carbondale, though I haven't talked to Ben in quite a while now. Anyway, bestof luck at Glass City this Spring. I've yet to run a marathon and definitely won't this year. It'd be at the top of my list for a debut even though I'm just a few miles from the starting line for the Flying Pig. Thanks as well for the lodging offer. I'm pretty well covered now as the majority of my family is in the Toledo area (including my parents in Sylvania.)

Another Passion

I do know the Ramsells, but haven't seen or heard from them in some time. Thanks for the well wish on the GCM. I'm trying to talk my wife into doing the Flying Pig half together in May as it will be the 10th anniversary this year and I think it will be a cool event. I've not looked into the course or anything, is it a brutal one hill-wise, like that town can be in some areas? We'll see... she's not so confident she can do it, but I am. I can be reached by e-mail at rickvelich at yahoo dot com to take this off-line anytime you care to. Just put runningahead or something in the subject line. Good to meet you again, Keith.

Rick

Eric, Thank you for your efforts, I think you have done it I have been looking for a running log similar to this one on the internet for years and this is probably the best thing going! Thank you for your willingness to take on this website and you have done an awesome job! Much mahalo! Mark
                      demeterchickens

guys, your site has been a fantastic help an Im really grateful. please dont think that your help isnt appreciated. Its one of the best things I discovered in 2007 and its probably my fault that lots of my friends now use it. You would never want to come to Gosport but if you were unlucky enough to be abducted here I would buy you a beer.
                          Hi my name is Nick. I don't post much because I'm a pretty busy student. Thanks for the awesome site
                          DMHS Track! PRs 800 m 2:26 1 mile 5:15 2 mile 11:49 Goals for this track season 800 m 2:15 1 mile 5:10 2 mile 11:20 Goals for life? Get 18 so I can do ultra marathons or even just marathons
                            i am an ex cool runner, i tried active and hated it...what a breath of fresh air when i stumbled upon this site....thank you so much and keep up the excellent work Big grin
                            irunslow

I agree, the active site is not very user friendly! I'm just leaving my cool running info where it is and starting fresh with Jan 1. Eric, thanks for the great spot for "the masses" to migrate to. Keep up the good work. Sue
                              bone_china

Another ex-CR saying Hi to everyone here (including fellow CR's who have migrated). Luckily I had my last download cgi file of 07 Nov 2007 (right from August 2005, when I started maintaining my log on CR), so I havent lost much - maybe about 45 days of data. But this new log is sooo much better. I like the cross referencing of the shoes with the workouts. Thanks to people like Eric, we homeless have found shelter. My condolences to others who lost all data and have to restart all over again. See you around........BTW, this is my first post here..