2013 Sub-3:00 Marathon Goal Thread (Read 2202 times)

xhristopher

Mission accomplished in Chicago. 2:55:12.

I posted a report in my log.

Nice job. You had a solid three month block leading in and your result is a nice reward for all that work.

lagwagon

Nice job. You had a solid three month block leading in and your result is a nice reward for all that work.

+1

great race (and report!).  outstanding finish!

kcam

Congratulations B-Plus.  Very nice finish.

CalBears

Ran my 3rd marathon this year. This time it was Chicago. Very hard day for me, still PR-ed, but first time in 7 marathons didn't have that joyful feeling at the end. In any case, it is a PR - unofficial time is 2:53:58, definitely some satisfaction out of that fact. Whoever wants to kill some time, here is the link to the RR: http://community.runnersworld.com/blog/chicago-marathon-7-my-first-major

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

B-Plus

Congrats Cal. I'm going to check that out.

Thanks X, lag, and ken. I'm still super excited!!

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Didn't make it this year: 3:04.01.

Where do I sign up for next year's thread?  I need to plan a race before Lagwagon beats  me to the line with a sub-3.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

HermosaBoy

Where do I sign up for next year's thread?  I need to plan a race before Lagwagon beats  me to the line with a sub-3.

Look like you were pretty darn close to your 3:03:30 goal -- nice racing!!!

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

lagwagon

almost made it:  3:01:29.   I was right on target, 3 strides behind the 3:00 pace group leader until we hit the hill on fifth ave.  the hill completely kicked my ass.  still, very happy in a tough race.

2014 will be the year, for sure.

I am up this weekend at California International and am going to revise my goal to 2:45.

My training has been going well and I started working with a coach in September. My first sub-3 was in June and I currently have the slowest sub-3 of the year, so hopefully I can move up the ranks a little bit.

--

Nashville, TN

xhristopher

Year's not over tho...

Yes it is. I tried a couple times and had to settle for consolation prizes. Less than 7 weeks till my first attempt of the new year. I'll just keep banging my head against that wall until I break through it.

I am up this weekend at California International and am going to revise my goal to 2:45.

My training has been going well and I started working with a coach in September. My first sub-3 was in June and I currently have the slowest sub-3 of the year, so hopefully I can move up the ranks a little bit.

2:46:09

a serious improvement from June, but just short of my goal.

--

Nashville, TN

Very nice!

CalBears

a serious improvement from June, but just short of my goal.

Your progress is really impressive. Congrats!

lagwagon

great result...nice run man!

CalBears

I ran my last marathon during this year and set one more PR - 2:53:13.

Anybody who wants to kill at least 5 minutes of their life, here is the link to my 2013 CIM RR:

http://community.runnersworld....2958363876773#t=blog