Frank's Run - Royersford PA (Read 700 times)

Another 5k at the Spring-Ford High School. Saturday, June 2nd, 10:00 a.m., run on the Cross Country course. My 15 y/o will be running this race too, his Science teacher is running and told the class she would give everyone who ran in the race 5 points, 10 if they beat her. I hope he beats her. Big grin

Michelle

Very cool! Hope it's not too hot!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

The race is on for tomorrow morning - I'm hoping to beat my previous time for that course, although I'm not too confident with my gimpy foot/ankle. There's still room for more runners if anyone is going to be in the area. Big grin

Michelle

Talk about a hot morning. Races that start at 10:00 a.m. are nice for getting a late start on the day, but by that point today the heat was already working it's way up! This is the second time I ran the course at Spring-Ford High School, I decided this time that I like it. Unlike the first time I ran it back in March. There was a good turn out of people, there were 185 runners. Once again, there were a lot of high school cross country team runners, Roll eyes which helped to make us older runners feel all that much older!! The course trail was marked okay, not much to be confused about with a 5k, but they only showed the 1 mile, and I didn't have my watch on so I had no idea of what my pace was. My oldest son, Anthony, ran the race with me, we started out together and stayed together until the end. He picked up his pace and I told him to keep on going strong. He finished at 22:12 (30th overall) I finished at 22:50 (34th overall). I'm not sure if I didn't have the energy to finish strong or if I just didn't feel like it, I really couldn't tell. After the race I felt fine, completely fine within 5 minutes, so I'm guessing I just hit a lazy moment in the race. I ended up winning first in my age group (30-35), which was nice. The overall female winner was a high school student, her time was about 19 minutes...They didn't announce the times so I don't know for sure. The announcer for the race was super funny, he had everyone cracking up as he did play by play for runners coming in the final stretch. Very down to earth. I'm hoping to have Anthony run a road 5k next, I'm very curious to see what he can do on a more conservative course.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ended up winning first in my age group (30-35), which was nice.
            Nice? That's not merely "nice," that friggin' RAWKS!!! WTG, girl! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO WTG @ winning your age group!! Tell ya the heat has a way of making ya a little lazy on runs though. Good job running and tell Anthony Congrats! So what time did his teacher come in?

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

that is smoking hawt!!! Congrats! Cool

Jennifer mm#1231

WTG!! Wonder what your time would have been if your ankle had been 100%.... Wink

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
                  Thyroid Support Group

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO WTG @ winning your age group!! Tell ya the heat has a way of making ya a little lazy on runs though. Good job running and tell Anthony Congrats! So what time did his teacher come in?
                    Yeah, I keep blaming the heat...it was humid too! Roll eyes His teacher came in at 28:35. Anthony was loving it too. He didn't say anything to her, he just made sure he was right in her view when she crossed the finish line. Smile

Michelle

Michelle you're doing so good. Expect the awards to keep coming in. Yes Have you prepared a spot? I'm excited to see your improvements and those of your son also. Can't wait to here a report tauting "1st Female Overall Winner".

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

frank's run was hottttt this year. it was pretty awesome though.
                        "Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact; it is an option. Impossible is not a declaration; it is a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."
                          Can't wait to here a report tauting "1st Female Overall Winner".
                          Now THAT would be awesome... I'll tell you what though, if any of those super fast Spring-Ford XC team girls are in that race there is no chance of my placing!! Big grin I joined in on a couple of the SF XC Team practice runs lately and heard all about their amazing 5k times! BTW - Some of the team members are also RA members. I'm proud to announce that my son has officially joined the SF XC team and is ALSO here on RA...Wrestla91...if he doesn't behave just let me know.

Michelle