Wrong Turn At Marathon (Read 696 times)

BeeRunB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IduFxf7ND_s

Brief video of a Japanese marathoner making a wrong turn. (30 seconds)

--JimmyCool

npaden

OUCH!!!!  Can't imagine after running 26 miles to blow it like that at the end. 

Looked like he had it won.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Felt terrible just watching it.

Can anyone tell me what the sash is for?

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Feeling the growl again

Looks like they were not directed correctly....very natural to follow that truck, especially when you are probably not thinking all that clearly anymore.

I was misdirected 150yds from a marathon finish once.  It did not cost me a place but yeah, it sucked.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

I was completely gone mentally at a hot and humid Grandmas - About 1/4 to /12 mile from end I started to turn left and the person realed me in quickly to go right.  From being on the wrong side of the road and taking a step or 2 the wrong way it cost me 2-5 seconds.  That year I ran a 2:50:00 - Piss

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

BeeRunB

The video was described as funny, but anyone who races wouldn't find it so. The guy looked like he was about to win.

Felt terrible just watching it.

Can anyone tell me what the sash is for?

It's not a marathon - it's a Japanese relay, or Ekiden, The sash is passed between the runners. I think this was one of the longer, 2-day, events so these guys were probably pretty tired...

Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.