BAREFOOT (Read 459 times)

CT JEFF

Last Wed I did my group run BF. I felt pretty good throughout. I ended up breaking my shod PR!!! My 5K time for a June race was 8:18, I ended up doing 8:16 BF ! Really happy because I thought it would take longer to gain this much speed. I ended up "pushing off" too much I think. This Wed, another BF group run, but Im planning on taking it easy / resting for my 5K race on Sunday. I plan to do it BF! Last year this was my first race, this year, I hope to significantly improve on time. Doing Hill Repeats tomorrow before the Group Run.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

CT JEFF

Still looking for people to chat with about barefoot running...

today was my 5k race and 2nd BF race. PR'd ! 8:15 pace.

a picture really is worth 1,000 words.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Way to go, Jeff!

If you're looking to chat with other barefoot runners, I suggest the Barefoot Runners Society:

www.thebarefootrunners.org

That is a great picture. The lady seemed shocked. :-)

Congratulate for your PR.

I did 2 miles BF on last Wednesday and my feet (joints) hurt a little bit next day. I think I ran too fast and my feet had too much shock. I really enjoy BF and I just need to gradually strengthen my feet.

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)

Will run for scenery.

Great photo!  My first reaction was to think that one lady is about to punch you.

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

CT JEFF

HEY ALL - I really loved that photo. DW took it with her iPhone, she was just focused on me. Did a bunch of BF things this week. Found some BF people on FB. Spent some time on barefootrunners.org / the Barefoot Running Society. Signed up for a race near Boston, that I dont think I'll be able to make, but Im going to try  - Northeast Barefoot Runners, I think. Yesterday I ran 10 miles BF, and feet feel fine. Been busy today, but Im hoping to get 3 BF tonight in. - My quads are tight, so it'll be an easy run. - I got my Go Pro camera, but so far havent been able to do much with it for running.

Oh, yeah- I did a mile on Tuesday. Track was setup. I was slowest in my group, but wanted to get an idea of where I am. 7:14 mile. BF. To BQ, Id need 7:15 ish for marathon pace. This helps me to see how far I need to go to get where I want to be.

christ013r

I think Barefoot running provide a lot of help to make my feet strong. Its a good acupressure to the plantar of our feet which could help us improve our performance later. Also you may feel little slow in pace while running bare foot but later when you would get with your sneakers you will feel the difference.

CT JEFF

christ0- I have been going back and forth between shod and unshod for about 2 1/2 months now. The weird thing is at first, i was clearly slower without shoes. Lately, I cant tell. Ive been more interested in doing runs barefoot, and when I finish, I am breaking new PRs! Biggest decision is coming up at the end of this month. 9/28, Im running a HM. Already in training I have beaten my HM PR BF, but that PR was 2:10. Id like to be a sub 2:00 HMer. So, do I build a decent PR BF (probably 2:09) Or shoot for a shod PR of 2:08? Decisions Decsions.

CT JEFF

Just an update. I did the HM BF. I beat my own expectations and came in 1:57:28 !~ ! !!

It was a great morning, a little cool, 40* or so. The course starts downhill, so between the race experience and that I was off to a great first 3 miles. I started calculating how long I needed to keep to my planned pace, then started planning how much "extra" time I had. One of my far reaching goals was to get under 9:00 to qualify for placement in another race. I finished 8:57.

Now its November. I have done only 2 runs this month. One in 29 degree weather. (sorry only 2 BF runs) - anyway - For now Im still sticking with BF whenever I can.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Congrats Jeff!

Half Fanatic #846

Just an update. I did the HM BF. I beat my own expectations and came in 1:57:28 !~ ! !!

Good Job!!

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!