Leaderboards (Read 1688 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Apr 22:

2 miles in am - easy
    10,000 meters on track - 28:33.6 PR, 4th Penn Relays
    3+ miles after race
    12 total

Gee, 28:33 for 4th place at Penn Relays in 76. That sounds fast to me.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Turbolegs

I think Tony Krupicka might have one of the highest mileages in all of US? See his blog here . He has some very interesting tidbits on his blog like how his lifetime base is extremely high at 57,000 miles and his mountain running gives him good lung power but not so great for his leg turnover. Smile

I dont sweat. I ooze liquid awesome.

Feeling the growl again

Apr 22:

2 miles in am - easy
        10,000 meters on track - 28:33.6 PR, 4th Penn Relays
        3+ miles after race
        12 total

Gee, 28:33 for 4th place at Penn Relays in 76. That sounds fast to me.

That's a little higher mileage than I would have guessed, it would have been interesting if some paces were in there but back then he probably didn't even bother recording (or knowing?) it.  No wonder he said nobody who worked 40hrs/wk would ever beat him.

That's on the higher end of the elite logs I've seen that cover the full year.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

drrbradford

Leaderboards I'd like to see:

* Race PB's are most certainly the one I'd be most interested in.

* Average overall pace

* Miles this week/month/year/7 days might be quite an interesting one too.

Cheers,

Bradford

Leaderboards I'd like to see:

* Race PB's are most certainly the one I'd be most interested in.

* Average overall pace

* Miles this week/month/year/7 days might be quite an interesting one too.

Cheers,

Bradford

I'm not sure that average overall pace is that interesting. A lot of my runs start and finish with a couple of pretty slow kilometres by way of warm-up and cool-down... those will really pull the average pace down.

Why is it sideways?

10k in 1975

I just completed a major project.  Sadly, you won't notice it if it's working properly.  If it has bugs, all hell will break lose.  It will help with future projects though so the time and effort was well worth it.

I like to take a breather and work on something smaller in scope and more visually rewarding so I'll entertain this leader board idea.  Before I start work on it, I like to have more ideas first.  What other stats would you like to see?

I'd like to see a yearly mileage leaderboard like this one but based on age or age groups.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/2000/YTDDistance

For example, age 40+ or age 60+.

Another option would be to have the same leaderboard, with user input to bring up specific age ranges.

Thanks