Run the Rockies! (Read 503 times)

coco-watts

Probably not as many people showed up as in past years cause of the rain, and I just jumped up an age group....  but I actually placed 3rd in my age group!  whooo hooo!!!!  and knocked 3 minutes off last years time. 

This is a really fun race in Colorado, and they serve beer at 10am at the finish.  Oh, and it's almost all downhill (the 10k, the 1/2 marathon is 1/2 downhill) What's not to like?

Wow, looks amazing.  Maybe one of these years I'll go down and do it.  I'm in Canada, and it would cost me about $400 round-trip.  Wouldn't be bad except I'm a student, so every penny counts.

'No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch'

"Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?'"  - Peter Maher

"Running long and hard is an ideal antidepressant, since it's hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time. Also, there are those hours of clearheadedness that follow a long run."  -Monte Davis

Three minutes is huge! Awesome! Smile

"Don't feel like running today...suck it up and run ...you're an athlete." (John Stanton, founder & owner of The Running Room)

"The person who starts the race is not the same person who finishes the race."