63 Degrees !! (Read 127 times)

Walk-Jogger

It's 63 degrees outside, and I'm planning to run a glorious 8.7 miles outdoors after work in shorts and a singlet !! The last time I was able to "run" (I actually biked that day) outdoors at a temp above 60 F was last October 6th! That was SIX friggin months ago!!!!!!!

I love hot weather - bring it on . . .

Retired &  Loving It

bap

Enjoy the pleasant weather while you can. All I can do is sit and watch until my foot recovers following platelet-rich plasma therapy.

I was sitting watching runners yesterday and noticed that you can always tell the fair weather joggers apart from the year-round runners by the fact they wear jackets and long pants on 60 degree days.

Certified Running Coach
      Crocked since 2013

Walk-Jogger

Enjoy the pleasant weather while you can. All I can do is sit and watch until my foot recovers following platelet-rich plasma therapy.

I was sitting watching runners yesterday and noticed that you can always tell the fair weather joggers apart from the year-round runners by the fact they wear jackets and long pants on 60 degree days.

"Fair Weather Jogger" fits me to a "T".  I "jog" indoors on a track all winter, because the older (or skinnier?) I've gotten, the colder I've gotten and the less willing I am to put up with the literal pain of being cold. I ran 8 miles outdoors yesterday in 59F, possibly even 60F at times, and I wore both a long and short-sleeve top and that was just right. Didn't need to cover my legs for a change, even with the 17mph winds.

It's now up to 64F here and no wind at all!! 

Hope that foot heals up soon for you!

Retired &  Loving It

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

Congrats, if I didn't know better I would think you're Calgarian (we've gone about that long until the 63F temps today) and I've worn long sleeves and such many times when the temps have been as such. Heck, I wear gloves up to 50F!

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

Walk-Jogger

Congrats, if I didn't know better I would think you're Calgarian (we've gone about that long until the 63F temps today) and I've worn long sleeves and such many times when the temps have been as such. Heck, I wear gloves up to 50F!

Hipfan, I'm about 500 miles due south of you, but I think we share most of the same weather. I've even been wearing gloves in my car recently at 40 degrees just to drive the 3 miles to work. 

Retired &  Loving It

Zelanie

Enjoy!  We were up to 70 degrees today and there was a guy out running in a thick hoodie. 

35 miles NE of Seattle & we hit 76 at our house!    that's summer weather for us! warmest day  of the year by far.  shorts & tanktop !  Glorious!  back to rain tomorrow for the next week & upper 50's or low 60's.

BeeRunB

Atlanta is still cold. 56 degrees. I'm chilly when its 70 down here now. I've developed :thin" woose blood here.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Atlanta is still cold. 56 degrees. I'm chilly when its 70 down here now. I've developed :thin" woose blood here.

I'm with you on that, jb!  It's going to be 70f this afternoon in Augusta.  I'm going to an evening outdoor

concert and trying to decide how many jackets I need 

steph  

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

It's finally starting to warm up around here, too, and I am loving it!

Oh, I'll be cursing the heat and humidity and bugs and spider webs soon enough, but for now, I'm ready for it!

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

bap

"Fair Weather Jogger" fits me to a "T".  I "jog" indoors on a track all winter, because the older (or skinnier?) I've gotten, the colder I've gotten and the less willing I am to put up with the literal pain of being cold. I ran 8 miles outdoors yesterday in 59F, possibly even 60F at times, and I wore both a long and short-sleeve top and that was just right. Didn't need to cover my legs for a change, even with the 17mph winds.

It's now up to 64F here and no wind at all!! 

Hope that foot heals up soon for you!

That's funny because find the opposite. The older I get, the more tolerant I get of the cold. Today it's 62 degrees and I've been sitting on a bench reading, quite comfortably, in a thin cotton t-shirt.

My cut-off point for wearing shorts used to be around 32 degrees, now it's around 27. Although I'm OK when I'm running, it's during the 10 minutes standing around chatting after a team workout where I start to get cold.

My face tends to get colder than it used to because I've lost fat, so I have to cover my cheeks when it's below 20.

Certified Running Coach
                        Crocked since 2013