Let's start a game!!! (Read 15327 times)

I hope not.

IBTNP ate pizza for lunch.

False. PB&J + Rice + Spare Ribs + Asparagus + Strawberries + Soda + Milk.

IBTNP has not raced an 800

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

Joann Y

False. PB&J + Rice + Spare Ribs + Asparagus + Strawberries + Soda + Milk.

IBTNP has not raced an 800

You are correct. IBTNP cannot tell me where I could race an 800.

You are correct. IBTNP cannot tell me where I could race an 800.

False. The track. :P

On a more serious note, I don't live in Chicago so I can't make any promises, but googling open track meets found at least this, which afaik appears to be an open meet: http://www.uctc.org/schedule2.html

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

Joann Y

False. The track. :P

On a more serious note, I don't live in Chicago so I can't make any promises, but googling open track meets found at least this, which afaik appears to be an open meet: http://www.uctc.org/schedule2.html

Ha! Thank you, that is tempting.

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

I do like this series.

1. It's free
            2. They mix up the events the long event will be (5k, 3200, 3K) middle will be (mile, 1600, 1500), etc.
            3. It's free
            4. There is typically competition at many levels

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
            Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

Joann Y

I do like this series.

1. It's free
              2. They mix up the events the long event will be (5k, 3200, 3K) middle will be (mile, 1600, 1500), etc.
              3. It's free
              4. There is typically competition at many levels

This is very cool. Not going down there tonight but putting it on the calendar for the rest of the summer for sure.

ok, carry on...IBTNP drinks PBR

Fletch

ok, carry on...IBTNP drinks PBR

False...Miller High Life is my cheap beer of choice, when I'm not trying various craft beers.

IBTNP has taken their dog for a run in the past week.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

False...Miller High Life is my cheap beer of choice, when I'm not trying various craft beers.

IBTNP has taken their dog for a run in the past week.

False.  My dog, with his 2.5" legs and a pinned hip is not a good candidate for running.

To continue with the thread hijack, I just signed up for my first 800, and 1600, and 3000 at the State Games, and I have never run on a track!

IBTNP did track in HS, then had at least 10 years before running in any race since then.

Philliefan33

False.  I spent my HS years hoping not to run (running was used as punishment on my soccer / volleyball / basketball / softball teams).  I didn't start running for fun? and fitness until I was 46 years old.

IBTNP is the only runner in his or her immediate family.

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

True ... and the rest of the family all think I'm nuts.

IBTNP is thinking about starting their training for the Fall races.

Tim 

Docket_Rocket

False, I am permanently training for a marathon.

IBTNP is sad the Japan v. Greece World Cup match ended up as a draw.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

jfa

Not really. It seems to me that in soccer, a zero zero tie is a high scoring game!

I'll bet that the next peep did not post for the first time on this thread on 1/5/2008. (like me)

TRUE.

I just found this and what a great idea….

IBTNP doesn't put Fiber One in their coffee in the morning….  just to alleviate any "delays" on that morning run….  uh-hem

Tammarin.....

No more marathons

True - but then I don't run mornings on the weekdays.  (hummm - could read that a couple of ways).

IBTNP has either run Boston, is training to BQ, or has a niggle in the back of their mind that someday they want to run Boston.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Mostly harmless

Sort of true. I'm training for a marathon but I need to cut 30 minutes off my PR to BQ.  I am just trying to get close this time and (if I can stay healthy) go for the BQ next Spring.

IBTNP already knows what kind of beer or wine he/she will be drinking tonight.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi