Ugly Shoes Make Headlines (Read 1338 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

And there you have it.

Hey, at least these "ugly" shoes make more sense and feel better than high heels.  Nothing like wearing shoes that squish your toes together and make you balance on your forefoot.  I guess they make your calves look nice in a dress, but then again, so does running.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Julia1971

Just more evidence I need to get Stacey and Clinton to show up at a race and do some ambush make overs.  Smile

I've seen people walking around the city in Vibrams.  Are the soles pretty think/resilient?  Because there's all kinds of broken glass and stuff on the ground.  I would worry about stepping on something bad.

Just more evidence I need to get Stacey and Clinton to show up at a race and do some ambush make overs.  Smile

I've seen people walking around the city in Vibrams.  Are the soles pretty think/resilient?  Because there's all kinds of broken glass and stuff on the ground.  I would worry about stepping on something bad.

it would be pretty hard to get a piece of glass to puncture any shoe. if you did happen to step on something that would go through the vibram sole and into your foot, theres not much any other shoe could do to prevent it.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I bet there are a ton more injuries for which heels are to blame, as opposed to those for which not enough sole is to blame.

Julia1971

it would be pretty hard to get a piece of glass to puncture any shoe. if you did happen to step on something that would go through the vibram sole and into your foot, theres not much any other shoe could do to prevent it.

Good to know.  I've never seen one up close - only on other runners/walkers - and the sole seemed thin to me from far away.

keeponrunning

I bet there are a ton more injuries for which heels are to blame, as opposed to those for which not enough sole is to blame.

+1.  I cannot walk in heels safely, but I can walk for miles in my race flats with no issues.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

DH just mentioned that even more! people at his office are wearing them (like 5 or 6?).  Mostly the hipster 20 somethings, and not runners.  Glass won't go through what so ever but you will feel it a lot more than a regular shoe.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."