Volunteered at my first Tri (hope that's ok here and not xt thread...) (Read 400 times)

Misinformation Officer

I figured that "what goes around, comes around" and that I should volunteer for a race since so many people have volunteered in the races I have run.... Tri the Pee Dee is a local race as part of the South Carolina Tri Series. My 5yo and I were the finish line workers--clapping and cheering and directing runners into the chute. We both had a great time! He asked me, "Why do you keep clapping for every one of those people? You don't even know them," and I answered, "Because everybody deserves to have someone clapping for them in a race." :-)
    CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

He asked me, "Why do you keep clapping for every one of those people? You don't even know them," and I answered, "Because everybody deserves to have someone clapping for them in a race." :-)
      That's awesome. We went to see my sister and her husband compete at Ironman Canada and you really do cheer for everyone. I'm volunteering at the local marathon (QCM) in my city in September. I'm not ready to run a half marathon, maybe in 2010, but I think it'll be a blast to get involved. Big grin

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

zzz

I think it's great that you volunteered.... you are right too.... there are so many people who aren't runners even and cheer and hand out water and hang medals around necks etc etc.... how awesome is that.... and what an inspiration to you as a runner to watch the faces of the competitors as the cross the finish line.
        AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Volunteers who clap for everybody are the best! Thank you -- channelled vicariously from the participants through me to you Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.