Gear that brings no joy (Read 1320 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

After my long run yesterday, it was like a second workout getting the damn sports bra off. ARGH!

There are people on MyFitnessPal.com that would probably create a custom workout/calorie-burn category for sports-bra removal.  Perhaps they're not all that irrational for doing so.  Certainly no more irrational than the people who log housework. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It's not fair to say that sportsbras bring no joy.  They bring me joy.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

It's not fair to say that sportsbras bring no joy.  They bring me joy.

And there are probably many men here who would help these poor women get out of their sports bras.

We're very giving, helpful people.

Jeff

drrbradford

And there are probably many men here who would help these poor women get out of their sports bras

I think a lot of the lads on here would agree that taking a sports bra off a lass who's fresh from a workout and still sweaty is superduperawesome. Undoubtedly some subconscious thing about post-carnal flushes.

Best Present Ever

I think a lot of the lads on here would agree that taking a sports bra off a lass who's fresh from a workout and still sweaty is superduperawesome. Undoubtedly some subconscious thing about post-carnal flushes.

The only picture that brings to mind is one of getting stuck halfway out of a sweaty running bra.  

vegefrog

There are people on MyFitnessPal.com that would probably create a custom workout/calorie-burn category for sports-bra removal.  Perhaps they're not all that irrational for doing so.  Certainly no more irrational than the people who log housework. Tongue

haha. Darn it, I should have added that to my day's exercise log! It had to burn @ least 30 calories... Wink

DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

The only picture that brings to mind is one of getting stuck halfway out of a sweaty running bra.  

Yes, the half in/half out/help my arm is stuck look is very, very hot!

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Some of those damn bras have so many hooks and snaps and wires and adjusty parts (technical term) that it is some form of rocket science to figure out how to get them on and off.

TRUST THE PROCESS

keeponrunning

I DEFINITELY agree with the sports bra thing!!  After Adidas decided to change the fit of the bra I was using, I used the same ones for almost 2 years.  Then this spring, I found some that FIT and I could afford, so I bought a few.  Oh, and getting them off when wet???  Sometimes nearly impossible.  I have a habit of going for a run then jumping in the lake when camping...in my clothes.  
                    Another thing is shorts.  After buying so many pairs that have the same problem of riding up my thighs, I've given up having any joy at the thought that a new pair may not do that. 

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Ostrich runner

Have any guys chimed in with genitalia jokes yet? If not, don't make me be the first. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Have any guys chimed in with genitalia jokes yet? If not, don't make me be the first. 

Says the guy with the username "beef." Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Almost forgot. DD has a pink sports bra.  When she sweats, the color bleeds through and stains whatever her outerwear is.  Badly.

39/25

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

What I can't figure out is why most of the dry fit clothing is made of black material. I'm running in the summer and wearing super thin shirts. Shouldn't be be some color other than black? My whole point in wear it is to try and stay cool.

"It's a must that you outwork your competition today! Think training is hard? Try losing!" Eric Thomas

The Terminator

Some of those damn bras have so many hooks and snaps and wires and adjusty parts (technical term) that it is some form of rocket science to figure out how to get them on and off.

My husband would agree with you.

"In the South, the cotillion of Machiavelli is played as a soft-shoe, in three-quarter time." - Pat Conroy