RunningAHEAD iPhone App (RunForth) - now available (Read 722 times)

Feeling the growl again

OK, I've played with it a bit.

I don't run with my phone so I can't evaluate that functionality.  But I do travel quite a bit and when I do I am often logging my runs onto RA through my phone.  Eric Smile has done a great job of making the website mobile-friendly as it is, but I do find the app to be much easier to enter runs on through an iPhone.  Since my work device is an iPhone this works out well for me, even though I personally prefer Android.

Great job on the app.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Any hope of a port to Android?

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

Have you tried HandyRunner It's RA compatible, Free and Android compatible

Any hope of a port to Android?

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
        Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Have you tried HandyRunner It's RA compatible, Free and Android compatible

No, I thought it was obsolete.  I'll take a look at it.

PaulyGram

Fast is better than long

I think it fails on adding a workout adhoc through it's screens, but it does let you use it as a Garmin watch and those upload well. It also shows recent history that is synced to-fro the website.

No, I thought it was obsolete.  I'll take a look at it.

2017 Goals: Give up goals; they're stoopid

Give a man a fire and he'll be warm the rest of the night;
            Set a man afire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.

What in the Jehu?

Thanks for the feedback guys, it is appreciated. If you like using the app, the most useful thing you can do (besides providing feedback), is rate it in the app store.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, no plans for Android at this time.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

I don't see right off hand the ability to upload VIA Bluetooth. Is this true or am I missing something?

I don't see right off hand the ability to upload VIA Bluetooth. Is this true or am I missing something?

Upload via Bluetooth?

Can you explain further what you mean please.

jingle1004

I'm having problems with RunForth syncing with Runningahead.  Is there a way to force it to sync all of the activity?  I am syncing with both my iPhone and my Garmin - for different activities.

I'm having problems with RunForth syncing with Runningahead.  Is there a way to force it to sync all of the activity?  I am syncing with both my iPhone and my Garmin - for different activities.

If workouts aren't showing in RunForth, but they are showing in RunningAHEAD, updating the list should be as simple as performing a pull to refresh as displayed below. Simply go to the "Workouts" section, and do this. If things are "really screwed up" for some reason, you can always logout via "Settings" -> "Logout", the re-login this. This is a hard reset on the app and everything will be wiped and reloaded.

If this doesn't solve the problem, please send a message via: http://runforth.uservoice.com/

and I will get things worked out with you ASAP.

The Garmin Connect app has the feature to upload it VIA  wireless Bluetooth. No plugging into the computer, just uploads directly to the app from the watch to the phone. I was curious if this app had the same feature. Now thinking about it more, I suppose not many watches have Bluetooth for this to be applicable.

You can use RunForth like you would a garmin watch, then sync it to RunningAHEAD, or you can enter workouts manually. It doesn't, nor won't, integrate with any GPS watches over Bluetooth. The only bluetooth potential will be a heart rate monitor.

The Garmin Connect app has the feature to upload it VIA  wireless Bluetooth. No plugging into the computer, just uploads directly to the app from the watch to the phone. I was curious if this app had the same feature. Now thinking about it more, I suppose not many watches have Bluetooth for this to be applicable.

Cryptic

I have been waiting for someone to make this happen for years!!! I might actually start tracking my mileage again.

Thank you!!!

I have been waiting for someone to make this happen for years!!! I might actually start tracking my mileage again.

Thank you!!!

You're most welcome, please send on any and all feedback you may have!

dyuatl

I am using Runforth in China. So far it works!