Pace per mile always rounds up (Read 764 times)

Right on Hereford...

I've noticed that the RA logs always show my pace per mile rounded up to the next second, not to the nearest second. In other words, 8:00.1 minutes per mile would show up as 8:01 mpm in the log. Any particular reason for this? thanks
    eric :)

Dakota RR, As far as I can tell, pace is always rounded up. It is how all race listings do it so I'm just keeping it consistent. I guess it's better to be a little shorter than a little faster than the actual pace. eric :-)

Right on Hereford...

Dakota RR, As far as I can tell, pace is always rounded up. It is how all race listings do it so I'm just keeping it consistent. I guess it's better to be a little shorter than a little faster than the actual pace. eric :-)
        Interesting. Thanks for the reply. I know that race results always round finishing times up to the next second, but I have definitely seen paces rounded to the nearest second in race results. In fact, I think the paces I've seen in race results are usually to the nearest, not next, second. Anyway, nothing major. Just curious, that's all.
          USATF rounds everything up when paces are displayed only to the second. However I've seen results from several USATF championships where paces are displayed to the nearest 10th or 100th, which is my preference.
          Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33