The Compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted (Read 950 times)

HermosaBoy

Tried a couple of times to download my log data into a <label>Tab delimited (Microsoft Excel compatible) format.</label>

I am able to get the folder with the two txt files in it.  However, when I try to extract the files, I get the invalid or corrupted error.

I have tried this in both Chrome and IE.

I know I am probably missing something really easy, but can't figure out what it is...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I dunno, I just tested it and mine came out fine.

eric :)

Rob,

Which version of Windows are you using?  What is the size of your downloaded zip file?  Which program did you use to unzip the file?  Could you send me the zip file so I can take a look?  Thanks.

eric Smile

HermosaBoy

Eric,

Must have been a problem with my computer at work.  Tried it again when I got home and it worked fine.

I can send you the file that I downloaded at work if you want.  Not sure i that was really the problem though...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

JeffRost

Your problem might cause various reasons  

You may fix zip file structure due to programmed method http://www.recoverytoolbox.com/zip.html utility can scan your zip file and if it's necessary to restore archive

kcam

I have this exact problem as well only on my home machine running Windows XP.  At work, running Windows 7, the Windows utility unzips the file just fine but at home I have to use something other than the WinXP unzip utility.  Winzip will unzip it just fine even when XP won't so I don't believe it's an RA problem.  I suspect there's a problem with my WINXP install at home.

I think this is a problem with the compressor tool I used to create the ZIP.  For whatever reason, it does not decompress properly on XP and on the Mac.  MS just came out with their own ZIP tool so I will switch to that to see if that would fix the problem.

I switched to a different ZIP software provided by Microsoft, which should allow you to open the zip file on Windows XP and MacOS X.  It should also work on Linux as well.  Please let me know if you are still have problems opening your data files.

eric Smile

kcam

I was able to unzip the downloaded file using XP's built-in utility  Thanks.