Christmas in June for Apple fanboys/girls? WWDC Today! (Read 449 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Apple's Worldwide Developer's Conference (WWDC) starts today with Steve Jobs' keynote speech. WWDC is for programmers and developers, so the focus will be on the new version of OS X, Version 10.5 (Leopard), which ships in October. Big product announcements are usually done at Macworld in January. However, there's no telling what might be up Steve's sleeve, so here's hoping he has another one of those, "Oh, one more thing..." moments. Cool

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Just read coverage of WWDC keynote. Lots of stuff about Leopard -- biggest thing is that the Finder interface and desktop have been overhauled. The Finder now looks like iTunes, and includes Coverflow-style browsing of documents/files. They're also releasing a beta version of Safari for Windows (XP and Vista) with claims that it is much faster than Firefox and IE. iPhone -- developers will be able to write their own apps for it (they said no back in Jan). Overall, kind of meh. I know Leopard will rock, but I was hoping some other big product announcement. Then again, it is a conference for software developers, so any new big product announcements will come at their own event. ( I was hoping for a new video iPod, and movie rentals from iTunes).

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

… and all versions – Basic-, Premium- or Ultimate-Version – cost the same. Wink (Actually, there is only one version.) By the way, the American site looks completely different now, I checked some other sites, they look just like before.
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

By the way, the American site looks completely different now, I checked some other sites, they look just like before.
          Yeah, the website's been completely redesigned. Checked out some of the Leopard features. The new desktop, Finder, and Quick Look features are pretty sweet -- makes me wish it was October already. Surprised there was no iLife '07, and even The Steve himself said that .Mac needs an overhaul, so I was hoping to here something about those items. Oh well, I'm sure something is in the works. Shy

Team HTFU NCTR Driver

Well, the first 5 minutes with Safari 3 for Windows have been pretty crapulous - two crashes. That ain't gonna win converts... did