Marathon Runner Busted for ‘Unfare’ Advantage (Read 1094 times)

People never cease to amaze me.  Sorry if this was already shared with the forum.  I maybe be behind the times.  It was only a matter of time.  This reminds me of a Seinfield episode where George decides to run a marathon but ends up a sleep in a hair parlor.  He comes out the other side too early and wins the race.  So you have George at the top of the podium and to really skinny guys looking up at him with shocked faces.  Classic. 

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2011/10/marathon-runner-busted-for-unfare-advantage/

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
    • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
    • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Menace to Sobriety

"Marathon director Steve Cram told the BBC that Sloan ultimately admitted to his mistake and apologized for the confusion he’d caused."

WTF? What mistake? Did he mistakenly get on the bus, not knowing that he was supposed to run the entire race?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

"admitted to his mistake and apologized for the confusion"

In other words, he cheated, got caught, and still refused to admit it. Probably just a cheater through and through.

MTA: Ooops, beaten to the punch...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

OMG! It's "The Biggest Loser" all over again! AAAAGGHHHH!!!

Chris UK

Yes he got BUSted.

ahem

My mother always said never trust a man that wears earrings. 

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Or brown shoes and white socks.  Not that I know what colour his socks were.

Either way, the inability to admit he actually cheated is pathetic. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

djtaylor

This reminds me of a Seinfield episode where George decides to run a marathon but ends up a sleep in a hair parlor.  He comes out the other side too early and wins the race.  So you have George at the top of the podium and to really skinny guys looking up at him with shocked faces.  Classic. 

Can you cite this episode please?  I've never seen it and cannot imagine why George would be in a hair parlor.  Are you thinking of some other show?

I believe that Rosie Ruiz, to this day, claims she ran the whole race. And she claims she ran the entire NYC also.

Jeff

protoplasm72

Can you cite this episode please?  I've never seen it and cannot imagine why George would be in a hair parlor.  Are you thinking of some other show?

I'm going to say he's thinking of an episode of According to Jim which is probably the first time anyone has ever thought about an episode of that show.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

Yes he got BUSted.

ahem

I thought it was cufflinks. 

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

"Marathon director Steve Cram told the BBC that Sloan ultimately admitted to his mistake and apologized for the confusion he’d caused."

WTF? What mistake? Did he mistakenly get on the bus, not knowing that he was supposed to run the entire race?

At mile 20, one is not responsible for his actions.  See "bonk", Trent et al, RA Forums.

Menace to Sobriety

I thought it was cufflinks. 

Especially one that wears cufflinks as earrings, or vice versa.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

AnneCA

It's a mash-up of the episode where the marathon runner oversleeps after Kramer falls asleep in the hot tub with the episode where Jerry wins the race against his high school friend when he mistakes Kramer's car backfiring for the starting pistol. 

‘Unfare’

was that another bad pun regarding bus fare or is that one of those words we Yanks have learned to change the spelling on in the last 200 years?  It's no fare writing articles we Americans cannot understand.