Endurance found! (Read 494 times)

Ringmaster

Big grin Yes, it was the shoes! Many thanks to all who helped me on the original thread--I'd gone from running about 6 miles daily w/weekend long runs of 8-10 miles to suddenly not being able to run even 1 mile. After some miserable run-walks, with the walk portions gradually becoming longer, I finally realized that all of these were after I'd purchased new shoes. I could hardly believe this could be the cause of such bad runs, but this is it! I tried them on the treadmill first, and while I could do an easy mile on the 'mill on the new shoes, the old shoes, while worn, definitely felt better. Then I did a lap with one of each shoe and I couldn't believe how much heavier the Adidas felt. Today I took the theory on the road by running in my old Nikes, and though they feel flat and are probably ready for retirement, I got a good 5 miler in and felt like my old self. It was the friggin' shoes! Thanks so much, fellow runners, for all the helpful advice. If anyone needs a pair of perfectly good Adidas Supernovas, women's 8.5, with very few miles on 'em . . .

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
    Mile by Mile

The Greatest of All Time

Glad to hear you got that sorted out. I know the feeling. Welcome back.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.