ugh blister (Read 458 times)

When I ran my marathon in January, I got a nice blister right under the big toe on my right foot. Black eye I believe it was from my socks. Well it took care of iteself somewhere around mile 20 or so. Ever since then, I've had recurring bouts of skin still peeling off where the blister was (it took three weeks for it to fully heal). I have not been running in the socks that I ran in on marathon day. They were obliviated by my toes and are now in the box names "holy sox" and have gone to a better place. Has anyone else had this issue? I really don't think it was my shoes but I haven't totally ruled them out yet. My shoes have about 250-300 miles on them right now.
    Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09

phzzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah, I had that problem while training for a marathon. I got a huge blood blister that filled up about 1/4 of my right foot. It was nasty when it popped. I think it was my socks. I notice that I tend to get blisters when either my socks or shoes get old. But, if your shoes were relatively new and hadn't caused you any trouble, it might have been the type of sock. I use Feetsure socks now, because I usually don't get blistered with them. (Unless they're old...)