2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Lauren. Ace, and Brew, congrats on your races.

I got in 50 miles.  Considering the travel, bad weather. and tightness in my lungs I will take it.  I made it through the daily 10k competition.   7 runners still and 1k is being added each day.  15k is scheduled for tomorrow.   I feel fine.but conditions are sloppy.  Also am scheduled to help with a local ultra Friday  and Saturday.

Just think of Rocky 4.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Beryl - That sounds like a really fun competition, but also one that could rapidly start taking a toll in the final stages. I think Brew has the right attitude about it.

My legs felt good, though "taper heavy" for my workout this morning. My HR climbed much higher, much faster than it should have given the effort and conditions. Ready for the antibiotics to be out of my system, which should be this weekend.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Congratulations Lauren, and good luck to Brew and anyone else running CIM.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Congratulations Lauren, and good luck to Brew and anyone else running CIM.

bib 3062 for those interested in following along.

Looking at Athlinks results from 2018 they had splits every 5k. CIM has an app (check their website for the link) so I'm assuming there will be updates every 5k.

Biggest concern is do I stick with the 3 hour pace group, go at race pace from the start, or hang back for the first half and pick it up for the second half. Sub 3 is the goal. Part of me says to just go 6:50/mi from the start. Part of me says to stick with the pacer and let them do the thinking. All my Marathon paced training has been focused on a 6:50/mi pace.

mid 50s with about 90%+ humidity and an 80% chance of rain is race day forecast.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

brew -

I'm gonna get up Sunday and drink some UCAN just to support you!

Whether you run solo or with the 3:00 pace group.. be sure to hit the halfway mark at 1:29-1:30 (NO FASTER).

There are a dozen uncontrollable issues in the marathon, but there is NO DOUBT you made a big fitness jump this cycle.

break a leg!

kcam

Good luck BR.  I'll check in to see how it went when I get back fom my run.  I'll be in Davis Sunday morning doing a long run in that same weather (just cruising though!).

berylrunner

Rick

Have a great race Brew.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

Running Problem

Problem Child

I keep going back and forth about sticking with the pace group (I’m expecting a very large group making water stations a challenge) or going off on my own. The ONE thing I know is this. 2:59 and 3:00 cross pretty close together. I could actually, if I play my cards right, PR the half twice along with the full in this race.  Even after all the training I’m still wondering if it’s possible and the training has worked for CIM twice before AND just 8 months ago.

UCAN reminds me of that podcast triathlete chick who has a voice I CANNOT stand.

beryl: go get those other 6 people. 20K isn’t that bad.

brew -

I'm gonna get up Sunday and drink some UCAN just to support you!

Whether you run solo or with the 3:00 pace group.. be sure to hit the halfway mark at 1:29-1:30 (NO FASTER).

There are a dozen uncontrollable issues in the marathon, but there is NO DOUBT you made a big fitness jump this cycle.

break a leg!

VDOT 53.37 

OMR

Brew:  Good luck!  If wind is a concern, I think I would consider start behind the 3:00 pace group, as there likely will be other smaller groups to run with as you catch up to them.  and when you catch up to them, you now have a wind block...and you're already ahead of your goal.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Adam Kimble is the 3 hour pacers along without Kyle Petty. I saw Adam for a total of 10 seconds at a 5k I won this year. He was doing the 10k, set the course record and was at the 5k turn around (uphill the whole way) when I was around halfway there. Nice running resume too. Both pacers are a sub 2:43 marathon PR holder. This is some good company to chase down.

Probably starting behind them, running my own race, and might hang with them for a few miles between gels before continuing on with my own race. I’ve run enough marathons without pacers I might as well keep with tradition.

VDOT 53.37 

AceHarris

Go get it, brew!

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

From the Internet.

GO BREW!!

UGHH I have like 14 people I need to track and the website is being hugged to death, rude!

kcam

Everyone I'm tracking sped up significantly on the 1.1K from 20K to the HM mark!  Can't remember if that's a DH coming in to the half mark but for sure there's a lot of people, as well as a relay exchange point, so you get some adrenalin going through there.  BR was under 1:30 for the half.

OMR

Brew is through 30K averaging 6:50...right on track...go Brew!

edited to add:  35K averaging 6:51.

edited to add:  40K averaging 6:51.

and...

2:59:10.  Congrats, Brew!

AceHarris

Looks like brew nailed it!!! From tracking pacing looked perfect. Way to go!! Checkers all the way

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)