Specific Shoe Question (Read 640 times)

I have just started running, and my first shoes were Brooks Switch which is a Neutral with some mobility control. They are starting to wear and yesterday I found a great deal on a pair of Saucony Grid Sinister's at a "non running" store. The Sinister is also a Neutral, but it does not do as much for overpronating as the Brooks. Does anyone know if the two shoes are similar enough that I could try the Sinister or would I be better off sticking to the Brooks? I like the Brooks, they are just wearing out and I am starting to have foot and ankle pain on my long runs after only 200 miles or so on the shoes. I know...crazy question.
    mikeymike

I don't know that the switch really has any more stability control than the sinister. Did a running specialty store watch you walk/run and recommend the switch specifically? If it were me I'd probably try the sinister if the price was right unless I was in love with the switch. But I'm a very neutral foot and seem to do fine in just about any neutral trainer. ymmv.

Runners run

One of my teammates has them and likes them so far, but he doesn't have enough miles yet for a firm conclusion. wrong thread, sorry! Try them on, run on them a little. If they feel comfortable, go with it. If they don't, then go back to the switch. Best yet, get a new pair of each and rotate between them.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

The running store did recommend the switch but they didn't watch me run on the treadmill. They had me do a little pass through the store. I was super new to running at the time so I think they just gave me a lower end shoe with a bit of stability. Thanks for the advice on rotating. I think that sounds very smart. The price was really too good to pass them up without trying!!

Another Passion

The running store did recommend the switch but they didn't watch me run on the treadmill. They had me do a little pass through the store. I was super new to running at the time so I think they just gave me a lower end shoe with a bit of stability. Thanks for the advice on rotating. I think that sounds very smart. The price was really too good to pass them up without trying!!
            I found myself in the same situation with Saucony ProGrid Guides vs. Brooks Adrenaline GT8's and, since the Guides were $20.00 less, I went with them and they have worked out well so far. FWIW, the Guides are touted as being a mild stability, but good cushioned shoe vs. the more neutral Sinister. I really liked the Sinister and was going to get them, but they did not have a pair in my size. Good luck!

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com