cool (Read 622 times)

My first year back running in about 14-15 years...discovered that I love trail running...last night I ran a handicapped 5.75 mile trail race where I was placed 12 minutes after the starting gun...I passed 31 people who started ahead of me and was only passed by one (who was the first place female) - I was 10th male, 11th overall out of 86 entrants...I got a trophy...who says your biggest athletic accomplishment in life cannot happen in your mid 40s? Wink

You'll ruin your knees!

That is way cool!  Nice.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

joescott

..who says your biggest athletic accomplishment in life cannot happen in your mid 40s? Wink

now, that's what i'm sayin!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Just a dude.

Good Job.

Sounds like a fun race...

My hope is the same, that I can match "the good old days" in my 40s.  Smile

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

GKA

GKA

Congratulations - I love how you're totally "geeking" out with the number of runners etc.  Pretty soon you'll be quoting your age-graded results.  I am also running much better (i.e. longer) than I did when I was in my 20's.  I think I'm just more patient - or perhaps I just appreciate being alone more now.

"Remember; no matter where you go, there you are."- B. Banzai

sapblatt,    welcome back to running & congrats on your performance.    trail running is my heart & soul, love it.  many times when I started to feel abit blah from training  around town/the hood would take to the trails.  the wetter, muddier the better!  perks me right up! did not  do as much as I would like/should this year for various reasons.  hope to do more next yr!!