Anyone dealt with this knee pain? (Read 160 times)

It was a stock photo!! Lol, geez guys 

Oh, I think it's funny. It's right up there with the "People of Walmart" daily desk calendar my co-worker has. Every day it's something new...

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

So this was taken on laundry day.

joescott

It was a stock photo!! Lol, geez guys 

The photo is not what struck me as funny, just quite odd.  But it was Jim's response that caught me off guard and seemed hilarious.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

TChuck, what might be the reason that the pain would be present one day and not the next, if there was no activity change from one day to the next? A simple act of standing up wrong/twisting it somehow?

SMART Approach

TChuck, what might be the reason that the pain would be present one day and not the next, if there was no activity change from one day to the next? A simple act of standing up wrong/twisting it somehow?

I don't think that is odd especially in a mild stress response as you my have a bit of boney edema that may come and go. Maybe you stand more one day or just have a higher level of inflammation in body one day related to diet, hormones etc. Twisting it a certain way will fire the tendons of the muscles I mentioned above. This can irritate it. Those tendons attach to where your discomfort is. You should be more concerned if your pain is more chronic. I think you just need to take it easy for a little while and let it calm down. Any discomfort in that area when walking straight?

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

HappyFeat

The photo is not what struck me as funny, just quite odd.  But it was Jim's response that caught me off guard and seemed hilarious.

Me too! Still cracks me up when I re-read it.   Thanks Jim, I really needed that!

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

I don't think that is odd especially in a mild stress response as you my have a bit of boney edema that may come and go. Maybe you stand more one day or just have a higher level of inflammation in body one day related to diet, hormones etc. Twisting it a certain way will fire the tendons of the muscles I mentioned above. This can irritate it. Those tendons attach to where your discomfort is. You should be more concerned if your pain is more chronic. I think you just need to take it easy for a little while and let it calm down. Any discomfort in that area when walking straight?

I tried to pay attention to it today, and it doesn't seem to really bother me when walking straight.  Mostly when standing up from a sitting position, when turning while walking, crossing my legs, etc.

At what point would it be wise to make a visit to the doc?

#artbydmcbride

When it doesn't seem to be getting better on its own...

Runners run

Tiefsa

Sorry, I don't have any pictures to share for this one.

I've had some knee problems this winter. I hurt my MCL (it's just a guess that my MCL is the issue, but it hurts on inside of my knee) kicking a soccer ball in October.  I did one mile real slow today, and it held up.  Should I continue with this plan and build it up slowly?  Are there some exercises I should be doing to strengthen things around my MCL?