ING Miami 1/27/08 (Read 625 times)

How is everyone getting from the airport?If anyone is in Miami best options on gettting to the hotel from the airport?Where is everyone eating?
      You should call your hotel and see if there is a shuttle to/from the airport and how much it costs. I know a lot of hotels on SB offer that, but I'm not sure about downtown. Otherwise the best option is a taxi. I don't know how much they are to downtown, but from the airport to Key Biscayne or Miami Beach is $40 and those are further away, so it'd be less than that I'd bet.
      ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

How is everyone getting from the airport?If anyone is in Miami best options on gettting to the hotel from the airport?Where is everyone eating?
        We have a rental car, and some friends who live down there so we are leaving the eating and sightseeing to them.

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
        My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
        Ride 112 miles.
        Run 26.2 miles.
        Then brag for the rest of your life.
        -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

I'm renting a car. I found a great deal for my flight. Round trip from Philly is costing me 49 bucks each way on southwest. The catch is, they don't fly to Miami. So, I'm flying to Lauderdale, which I guess is about 40 mins from Miami. As for eating, I haven't decided yet. I had planned on going down and running with a friend, but he got hurt. So I'm on my own.
          ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

WE are in the final week! What's everyone doing to keep from going Taper Crazy? I'm going to get an easy hour on the bike trainer this morning.

Swim 2.4 miles.
            Ride 112 miles.
            Run 26.2 miles.

The shirtless wonder

I'll be there. I'm running the half with my sister (the person that got me into running in the first place). I'm not sure if were going to run it together or break apart but it will be a blast either way. As for the heat I was concerned until yesterday. I'm from Rochester, NY and the weather has been cold. Yesterday I was going to do my last long run before the race. It was 8 degrees when I got up so I decided, quite unhappily, to try a treadmill. I've avoided treadmills for quite some time as I strongly prefer running outside. I was incredibly surprised to find that I had an awesome run indoors! It also eased my fears of melting in the heat of Miami. I honestly enjoyed the warm temps of my local gym. Spotting me shouldn't be terribly difficult. Here's what to look for: - shirtless guy - bright yellow Mizuno sneakers - an mp3 player on my right arm - a 6 inch straw under the arm band of my mp3 player (I use the straw to drink at water stations more easily) - a yellow championchip Greg
                What's everyone doing to keep from going Taper Crazy?
                Eating, mostly Wink Weather looks decent. There is a cold front going through Friday, so Fri and Sat are going to be great. It'll warm up a little again on Sunday. Looks like start temps near 70, daytime high of 77. The sun will be pretty hot, but there should be a decent breeze to help keep it feeling a little cooler. I'm getting excited! Smile
                Edster

A buddy and I will be running the half. Just did the Palm Beach half, with PR 1:37:38, even with the heat. Hope it stays a bit cooler. Couple bridges otherwise not much to see other than the causeway, not much shade either. If you come for a visit run the Gables or AIA in Fort Lauderdale for a better view/sightseeing. See you all there, warming up for the Feb A1A in Fort Lauderdale, fast and Flat! Ed

On your left.

Hey Ed- I did the Palm Beach half too- that last hour was pretty warm. And I'm also planning to run the A1A half too. Good luck to you and your friend this weekend!
                    ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Ok so today I did just 4 miles with fartleks: Mile# Split time 1.00 10:36 2.00 8:39 3.00 8:19 4.00 7:20 Tomorrow will be a swim day and Thursday will be a 4 mile tempo run. We fly down to Miami on Friday morning. So since I'm coming form temps in the 20Fs I need to try and get used to the warmer temps a bit so plan on getting in 3 mile of very easy running after we check into the hotel. Saturday is the 5K which I'll run as a short tempo run and the Sunday is the big day. I know that is really not enought time to acclimate but hopefully it will help some Smile

Swim 2.4 miles.
                      Ride 112 miles.
                      Run 26.2 miles.

Hey all: I did seven yesterday with two miles at around M pace. It felt pretty good. I say "around" because I'm still not set on what exactly my goal pace should be. It'll depend on how I feel and how I respond to the heat. I'm coming down from Philly on Friday morning, so I'll get in two short runs before the marathon. Last weekend my wife and kid came down with colds. I think she got it from him, and I'm sure he got it from his pediatrician visit. Every time he goes for a checkup he gets a cold. Anyway, I'm trying to avoid catching it. I'm gulping down C and Echinacea, and washing my hands every 30 mins. We'll see...
                          Goodluck to everyone!!I hope we all a great race.I will be at the Marriott Biscayne Bay will be there Friday morning.
                            Good luck to you too! And everyone else.Smile Weather still looks like typical January in Miami... sunny and 77. I'm hoping for at least a few clouds.
                              That's nice the high temp here in Indianapolis tomorrow is 14 low temp 6 windchill subzero temps can't wait for some fun in the sun!! Big grin
                                Good luck all.