Import from Runners World (Read 631 times)

aybeerunning

Hello everyone: I've been keeping my log on runners world but don't seem to be able to import it into this site. I sent an email via the feedback link but haven't received a response. Is there any other way? Thanks, Ab
    Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Hello Ab The Runners World log is in fact an early version of Running Ahead so the export file should, in theory, be easy to upload to RA. I think that Eric prefers to verify that data-loads go OK so your feedback approach is the right one. Eric has been very busy on the next version of the log which will be released sometime soon (I hope) so that may be why you have not had a response - we do need to remember that the site is run by Eric, in is own time, and he needs sleep sometime! I suspect you'll get your log loaded very soon! I hope you enjoy RA as much as the rest of us do! Neil UK Smile

Running ... just keep running!

Wingz

Professional Noob

I'm not sure if Runner's World allows you to export your log... If they don't, I don't know how it would work. Also, we just had the Monkey marathon and Thanksgiving around here, so chances are he's just not had a chance to get back to you. Eric's usually very quick on the replies. Also, keep in mind that RunningAHEAD does allow you to export and make your own back-ups, and Eric's constantly working on improving the site, so if you've not got too much invested over in RW it might very well be worth the switch even if you can't get your old data out of RW. Good luck, and welcome to RA!

Roads were made for journeys...

eric :)

aybeerunning, I don't have an email from you in my inbox but it doesn't matter right now. I do not have an importer for the RW data but I will add it for the new log. Several users from RW wanted to move their logs to RA recently. Is there a particular reason? As of right now, the two logs are nearly identical, but that will change soon Smile eric :-)
          aybeerunning

Hi Eric, When do you expect the RW importer to be available? I guess as of now, since its the same program, there isn't much of a difference with RW. However, the community here at RA seems much more involved - at least thats why I want to move. ab
            aybeerunning, I don't have an email from you in my inbox but it doesn't matter right now. I do not have an importer for the RW data but I will add it for the new log. Several users from RW wanted to move their logs to RA recently. Is there a particular reason? As of right now, the two logs are nearly identical, but that will change soon Smile eric :-)

The shirtless wonder

I've been manually moving over my data and I plan to slowly do so until I have a complete running history here. There are two reasons why and they are related. First there are no ads. Second runningahead.com loads quickly. Oh and I guess there's a third as well -- you've fixed bugs that, to the best of my knowledge, still exist at RW. No ads, a great log, and the ability to export data make RunningAHEAD the BEST running log out there. Thanks Eric for making such an excellent site. Greg